Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would a Ported TB work well with my mods and which one to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Would a Ported TB work well with my mods and which one to buy?

My mods are listed in my sig. I was thinking a ported throttle body would compliment my current mods, but one thing bothers me. Since I have headers and NO TUNING, my car is most likely running a little on the lean side. Adding a ported tb will be allowing more air in, which will make my car run even more lean. Am I right in thinking this? Do you guys think its safe to add a ported throttle body to my current setup.

Also, I have been looking around at a few different ones. The one that I like the most is the Shaner S2 or S3. I don't see why I wouldn't buy the S3, as it is the same price as the S2. Is the S3 just ported out more? and will it hurt me because it is ported too much? The other ones I've looked at are the Bauer TB and the Thunder Racing. I know TR is much more well known than Shaner and Bauer, but it seems to me that both Shaner and Bauer specialize in these throttle bodies and they will be better than a TR, LS1Speed, etc...

So anyway, after I've babbled on forever....just give me your guys opinions; they are much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The S2 will be more than sufficient. The S3 is recommended for bigger cubes.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:42 AM
TECH Resident

Also look at Jantzer. Great quality and quick service.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:12 AM
Banned

Lately I've been swamped with TB's and service hasn't been as quick as I like. But I'm nearly caught up now and will have all my TB orders filled by middle to late this week.... so turn around times will be quick again.

Sometimes it takes time for quality product and although lately a few people have had to wait a couple weeks..... most everybody seems to be very happy with their TB and thought the wait was well worth it.

Email or PM with questions or if you would like to place an order. LOTS of pics can be seen on my webshots page. I hope you will give some thought to my product and I would be happy to get you what you want.

Scott
Old 05-26-2004, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Another satisfied Janzter customer.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gymratt
Another satisfied Janzter customer.

Old 05-26-2004, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 05-26-2004, 07:05 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah but what about the leaning out of the mixture....i just put in a 224 and got 385 rwhp, so i figure a magnaflow and a ported tb will get me closer to 400 but, i dont wanna screw up the tune.