Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems after ls6 IM install?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 12:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Problems after ls6 IM install?????

i installed an ls6 intake manifold on my 99 Z the other night. buncha problems now. somehow the sensor that is on the engine block, not on the manifold in the dead center directly behind the IM snapped almost all the way off. anyone tell me what this thing is? somethin with the oil hopefully??? cause my oil gauge didn't even budge on my lil test run after the install. i also removed the egr and 1/2 of the air system, so i had holes in my stock headers. then i took off the traction control and floored it, hopin to get a nice lil bit of rubber... nothing. wtf? the tires didn't even squeak, i got robbed power! it felt like i was driving my cavalier again!.... ok so it wasn't that slow, but still. if anyone can help me out i'd be more than grateful. thanks once again guys.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:23 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just by the title i knew you fucked up the oil pressure sending unit
Old 05-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well what should i do? just tear it back apart and replace that thing or what? and would that be losing all my power?
Old 05-25-2004, 01:14 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Woody99
well what should i do? just tear it back apart and replace that thing or what? and would that be losing all my power?
yes you'll need to pull the intake off again and replace the sending unit. and also why didnt you put block off plates for the air tubes if you moved them . also why did you run the **** if you saw no oil pressure. good way to make your engine go

no offense but on your next round of mods take it someone who has a little more experience.