Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lq9 build

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 12:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lq9 build

hey guys new to the whole lsx world so don't know that much really couple of guys I bought parts from referred me to this site. I have a 1998 Trans am a4.

Previous swapped in a 5.3 aluminum motor said it had a random misfire but it smokes and burns oil.
got it back home took of the heads and I find a nut stuck inside the piston dumbsss dropped it in there idk how or what. Ended up taking the motor out got a lq9 lower end kept the 799 heads from the 5.3 and got them ported. Now I wanna cam it put all new parts water pump,oil pump, etc on there and get it ready for next summer.

I just need help choosing a cam for it I will be changing the springs rockers pushrods lifters and maybe valves also but I already had new valves installed when I got the heads all cleaned up and Ported.

Mods for now
Built 4l60 Trans
High stall torque converter
Pace setter long tube headers

I just wanna get some input from you guys thanks and sorry if I posted in the wrong section lol
Old 10-25-2014, 01:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm running a LQ9 with PRC 5.3 heads (862's) with a cam almost identical to the MS3. It's a great running combo but I'm also a M6 with 4.10 gears

Quick Reply: Lq9 build