Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DLC Wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 12:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Default DLC Wiring question

I'm installing a 2000 LS1 into another car. Looking at the wiring harness, I'm tracing down the purple wire that terminates at the Data Link Connector. For convenience and diagnostics, I want to use the connector.

The wiring harness is pretty big. The schematic shows Pin 58 from C1 going to a dark green wire. That wire passes through a large grommet. Looking at the harness, I'm guessing that grommet passes the wire set through the firewall.

Once through the firewall, about 2.5' of bundled wire end up in two connectors - one blue and one white. The blue one contains the purple wire I need for the DLC.

Correct so far?

Also, from Pin 46 on C2, there's a Brwn/Wht wire that follows the same path, and ends in the same blue connector. This is for the CEL.

Most ECU connections are ground controlled. Is the CEL also ground controlled? IOW, connect the brown wire to one side of the bulb, and a 12v source to the other side.

Correct?

And, finally. Is there anything else in those two under dash connections that might come in handy for anything? There is a VSS connection that I don't need.

I'm going to spend a few days doing a very careful wire diet, I think. I also want to add some Weatherpack connectors to make maintenance easier.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The tach wire and speedo wire will go through one of those two connectors, on their way to the dash.

Quick Reply: DLC Wiring question