Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What cat-back are you running with your Moser 9'?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 02:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default What cat-back are you running with your Moser 9'?

Hello guys,

Im looking to remove the TSP true duals and go back to a cat-back exhaust. I would hate to purchase a Borla, Madhammer cat-back and it doesn't fit due to the fact that the 9 is a bigger rear end. So with people that have a Moser 9 can you please chime in. I might keep my car lowered. depending on exhaust options. Thanks!

Last edited by camarodude87; 11-03-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:01 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I have nothing to add as a Catback is the first thing I couldn't wait to get rid of in favor of duals...

Just curious why you're getting rid of the duals?
Old 11-03-2014, 08:34 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running borla with eibach kit and a Moser, no issues AT ALL
Old 11-03-2014, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
I have nothing to add as a Catback is the first thing I couldn't wait to get rid of in favor of duals...

Just curious why you're getting rid of the duals?
Well my friend. There are a few reasons why i'm wanting to switch back and some people here have went back to cat-back for the same reason.

1. Wife hates to ride in the car do to fumes, causes headaches lol
2. After 20 min of driving I have to pop my ears
3. I always smell like fuel, but i'm sure cats would fix that.
4. honestly I wasn't over all not happy with is as I thought I would be when I purchased it.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ws6turbo
I am running borla with eibach kit and a Moser, no issues AT ALL
12 bolt or 9?, I know the housings are slightly different sizes from what I seen in pics.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Fitment with a Moser 9 and a cat-back should not be a issue even while lowered(I have a MWC FAB 9). I found the best way to do the final fitment is the do it with the rear fully loaded down on to the bump stops. Then have a few spot welds placed on each slip fit joint to prevent ever having the pipe move. As far as the smell you'll need to either add cats, or go with a really small cam. My suggestion is to go with a Mufflex 3.5" cat back with Magnaflow muffler(it's what I have) and a 3.5" Magnaflow spun bullet cat(59920) right off the Y-pipe exit to simplify install, cut cost, and avoid losing any ground clearance. The only down side is that the cat won't be as effective in that location but it will still help cut down on the smell.

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 11-04-2014 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I run kooks TDs with a 9" and everything clears easily with a couple minor tweaks. I would think any cat-back wouldn't be an issue. I'm also lowered 1.25".
Old 11-03-2014, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Duals to me was a double-edged sword. I loved the sound of a big lumpy cam through the Moroso spiral flows, but the interior noise was terrible. When I switched to an ORY and GMMG catback I could finally hear myself think, but the GMMG is still quite loud.

FWIW I had to have a little fab work done to the catback with my fab 9in, so that it would sit center. Initially, it did fit, but the left tailpipe stuck too far to the left of the outlet on the bumper. I had the left tail pipe cut down about 3" and now it sits perfectly.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by American Psycho
Duals to me was a double-edged sword. I loved the sound of a big lumpy cam through the Moroso spiral flows, but the interior noise was terrible. When I switched to an ORY and GMMG catback I could finally hear myself think, but the GMMG is still quite loud.

FWIW I had to have a little fab work done to the catback with my fab 9in, so that it would sit center. Initially, it did fit, but the left tailpipe stuck too far to the left of the outlet on the bumper. I had the left tail pipe cut down about 3" and now it sits perfectly.
Thanks for chiming in. This is the exact thing I was wondering about and my luck ill run into something like this myself. You have a trans am? and do you have pics of the fab work?

What I wanted to do it sawzall my True duals off and just Use the clamps that came with the kit to just slap on the GMMG/Madhammer exhaust.

Last edited by camarodude87; 11-03-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by camarodude87
12 bolt or 9?, I know the housings are slightly different sizes from what I seen in pics.

12 bolt Moser

Quick Reply: What cat-back are you running with your Moser 9'?