Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trim Smooth Bellow??? Bigger Clamp??

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Question Trim Smooth Bellow??? Bigger Clamp??

Got one off E-Bay and went to install it last night. It fit correctly around the MAF and TB, but seemed too long. After everything is tight, my lid sticks out about 1/2" - 1". With alot of force and 2 people it's possible to get everything back together, but I know it shouldn't be that difficult. Would it be okay to trim it a little on each side so it'll fit easily back together?

Also is there a place where I can get a bigger clamp for the TB?? This hose is thicker than the stock piece and it's a SOB to get on and tight. It holds, but I'd rather have a bigger clamp just to make sure. I checked O'Reillys and Advanced with no luck and only found the same size clamp.

Thanks!!!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the SLP smooth bellows and mine had to be trimmed a good bit. Before trimming i could get it to fit but it kept popping out of the slots that hold it down whenever I would hit the gas hard. I assume the engine moving was causing it. I trimmed the bellows and it has been fine ever since.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

sweet thanks. Glad it not just the cheap one I bought and it's fixable!