Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

y pipe question

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default y pipe question

i just did a pacesetter install and everything is all together except one problem, the y pipe is the same size as the I pipe. the I pipe that came with the loudmouth is 3 in. and so is the y pipe that came with the headers. i figured i would take the I pipe off and take it to a shop and get it expanded. When i took the clamp off that connects the I pipe to the over the axle pipe it was on so tight that even with it off the pipe does not budge. so i bought a pipe expander and tried to expand the I pipe myself and i stripped out three expanders, so i'm guessing that a pipe expander won't expand stainless steel or soemthing. anyways my question is now if i get the y pipe expanded and put it over the i pipe would that work?? would it seal right with a clamp, because there are slits in the side of the I pipe. anyways sorry for the long story and thanx in advance
Old 05-26-2004, 09:49 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hmm, this post looks vaguely familar...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/174826-wtf-new-pacesetter-y-same-diameter-i-pipe.html