Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Effectiveness and Price of JAAM kits 2014

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Effectiveness and Price of JAAM kits 2014

Before anyone tells me to just do a search, trust me, I have. All of the threads are 8 years old. So I'm going to make a new one to hopefully help anyone else trying to make a decision. Are the JAAM kits for the WS6 still a good piece like they used to be? I've noticed that the price of them used to be comparable to the popular FTRA, so the FTRA was always the better option in the past. BUT nowadays they are like $100 from WS6store. Have they fallen off in quality and popularity or just better ways to produce them that lowers costs? Anyone currently running one that would recommend it? Give me some advice!

Thanks
Old 12-10-2014, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

The concept behind the JAAM seems legit, and I don't see a problem with hydrolocking by sucking in a few droplets which will hit the air filter, and essentially just evaporate into the engine (water is a byproduct of combustion btw). I like the thought of using my hood for its intended purpose, but there aren't enough threads based on the performance of a JAAM kit, but many many on the FTRA and SSRA. Bottom feeder kits seem alright, and I could fab up a block off plate for them for inclement weather, but I wouldn't want to have to install/uninstall said plate just because it's a torrential downpour.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:39 AM
On The Tree

Bump.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:03 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

You've got some responses on the same thread in the Newbie forum. Let's roll with that one.

Quick Reply: Effectiveness and Price of JAAM kits 2014