Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley Efi ?s for my 98 ls1

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 06:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley Efi ?s for my 98 ls1

Hello. I have a 98 Camaro ls1 6 speed with 39k miles I'm looking to start building. Right now the cars 100% original. I'm going to be doing this in steps on a budget and going back to the tuner everytime I make an improvement is out of the question for me. My best friend has a race car he runs holley Efi hp on and loves it. My questions are will it work on a stock 98 ls1? I've called holley and they didn't know anything about how a 98 Camaro works and couldn't tell me if it will work or not. I've tried to find articles on this so I'm sorry if this has been beaten to death. If someone could post a link that would be great. I know the ecu and harness will be mostly plug and play but will I be able to keep everything functional like my ac and all my gauges and every other functions it currently does. Thanks again for your help. I know it's a big investment up front but seems to me it will pay for itself over the years and is a lot more reliable then tuning the factory PCM.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:22 PM
Teching In

If you go to Holley EFI website, they have a forum specifically for HP and Dominator EFI. Most of your questions have been answer there. Good luck with your build.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:20 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks. I will have to do some reading there. Are there any tips to searching? Or just keep scrolling threw the post till a headline catches your eye?
Old 01-14-2015, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

It will run the engine just fine, but your gauges wont work right, traction controls, etc. There's ways around that though.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

That's one thing keeping me from pursuing it. I'm not an experienced tuner but I can learn quickly. I want to keep all the functions he car has now ac gauges check engine light ect. I like all the features of the holley hp and the fact that I can start with that and never look back but I'm thinking it's more for a race or swap car. I'm still looking into other tuning options that are newbie friendly and safe. I've heard about Efi live and oh tuners but have mostly spent the last few weeks reading on just the holley.

Quick Reply: Holley Efi ?s for my 98 ls1