Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should i retune and want more hp

Old 01-15-2015, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default should i retune and want more hp

So guys my car was tuned 5 years ago by previous owner and im looking to do a retune with possibly better technology to tune these cars and make some more power im hoping. Is it worth it? Trying to get every pony I can get out of it without tearing into the motor. As of now, I have a ls6 intake, ms4 cam, longtubes, full exhaust, and that's really it. I have a stock airbox with fram air filter. Stock rockers. Better valve springs. Should I do a cold air intake and throttle body and a slp mass air in the car and get a tune? I put down 402rwhp and 384rwtq. Any tips would be appreciated
Old 01-15-2015, 09:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if its not broken don't fix it lol, id wait till you're adding a change that will need a re-tune, there's a possibility a different tuner might get more power but push it to far to get more power to justify the tuning fee
Old 01-15-2015, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

A tune is a tune in regards to what is used to tune the car, so the whole "new technology" holds no weight. Now, are all tuners created equal? Hell no. The mods you could do do not require a retune. I would upgrade either heads or intake, or both, and then get a retune.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How many miles are on the valve springs? If it's quite a few then you might want to have the spring pressures checked.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the tune was done 5 years ago and since then maybe about 1000 miles put on car since then along with all the stuff that was done to it. Is it worth it to get a bigger throttle body also?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: should i retune and want more hp