Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough Idle & Poppin

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 11:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Rough Idle & Poppin

Well i got my car started after my ls6 install, and it popped (backfired) and ran and it idled really rough, like a hardcore cam. The SES light wasn't flashing so i dont know if it was misfiring or what. So once the car runs for like 10min i give it some gas and when its reving down it pops real loud so i shut it off, i tried loosening the intake and re-seating it and started the car again, it started up but then popped real loud again after like 1min. So i've shut the car off and havent touched it since. The only other thing i've noticed is that when it starts the rpms start at like 400rpm and build up to idle, where before they shot up to 1500 and dropped down to idle right away. Any ideas? i'm at a loss...
Old 05-29-2004, 03:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like you might have a leak somewhere in the intake....Might want to make sure its seating well with the heads again.
Old 05-29-2004, 05:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did you do with the egr is it deleted? If you hooked it up to the LS6 look for a leak there. Also check the vac line at the map sensor at the back of the intake.