Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dorman ls6 intake 615-900

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 02:47 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sand paper and elbow grease. I don't recommend that method lol.

Whatever you choose to use, I wouldn't suggest taking it out further than 78 mm. You'll run a pretty considerable risk of causing more damage than helping flow at that point, based on the things I saw once I got there.
Old 05-16-2016, 02:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Metal burrs and cartridge rolls on a die grinder.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Cartridge rolls from harbor freight,i used a electric drill seeing i did it in the middle of the night and didnt want to be that dick nieghbor with his compressor going and die grinder zinging away at 3am..

I finshed with a 500 grit after i used 80 grit rolls for all the work..the throat i used a 3" round roll i had but then moved back to the cartridge rolls and just made sure to keep it round and checked my tb to it till i got to where it was matched..
Old 08-09-2016, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering if there has been any more people actually use one of these?
Old 10-13-2016, 03:41 PM
Teching In

Thought you all would like to see this. Our OEM LS2 replacement intake is in its final production phase - expected release should be sometime early December.

Last edited by DormanIntake; 10-13-2016 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DirtyBirdMKE
PARTSGEEK HAS the doorman ls6 manfold for $311 shipped... put in coupon code SAVE15 (i think) and is under $300 shipped
I had to come back here and comment since this is where I heard about the parksgeek price.

I just got back from dropping off my return package to partsgeek. Why you ask? Because the thing came in a box barely the size of the intake with not so much as a scrunched up piece of paper to pad it, let alone bubble wrap or anything else. As you might have guessed, it arrived damaged.

At this point, I came to find out the following:

1. The extra insurance that I paid for when I ordered is completely useless to me. I went to fedex's website and punched in the tracking number only to find out that it is some sort of wierd package type that only the shipper can file a damage claim.

2. I feel like an idiot not checking on this but you are responsible for return shipping regardless of whether you break the part or it shows up damaged. I just ate 46 bucks to ship this thing back to california and I don't feel I should liable for anything seeing as how these idiots couldn't be bothered to even try to package the thing properly so that it would show up undamaged.

3. Apparently there are a ton of horrible reviews for this place all over the internet and they are not BBB accredited. Among other things, people are listing taking forever to receive refunds. I half wondering if i won't have to call my credit card company about a fraudulent charge when my shipper tracking says they received it and several weeks have gone by afterwards.

Moral of the story. DO NOT BUY THIS THING FROM PARTSGEEK. All of the retailers I have dealt with would have just used the shipping insurance that was purchased, issued a refund and told me to keep the thing. Some of them would have even ate the cost in the absence of an insurance plan and done the same. If a retailer won't do that, avoid them at all costs.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Yardjass
I had to come back here and comment since this is where I heard about the parksgeek price.

I just got back from dropping off my return package to partsgeek. Why you ask? Because the thing came in a box barely the size of the intake with not so much as a scrunched up piece of paper to pad it, let alone bubble wrap or anything else. As you might have guessed, it arrived damaged.

At this point, I came to find out the following:

1. The extra insurance that I paid for when I ordered is completely useless to me. I went to fedex's website and punched in the tracking number only to find out that it is some sort of wierd package type that only the shipper can file a damage claim.

2. I feel like an idiot not checking on this but you are responsible for return shipping regardless of whether you break the part or it shows up damaged. I just ate 46 bucks to ship this thing back to california and I don't feel I should liable for anything seeing as how these idiots couldn't be bothered to even try to package the thing properly so that it would show up undamaged.

3. Apparently there are a ton of horrible reviews for this place all over the internet and they are not BBB accredited. Among other things, people are listing taking forever to receive refunds. I half wondering if i won't have to call my credit card company about a fraudulent charge when my shipper tracking says they received it and several weeks have gone by afterwards.

Moral of the story. DO NOT BUY THIS THING FROM PARTSGEEK. All of the retailers I have dealt with would have just used the shipping insurance that was purchased, issued a refund and told me to keep the thing. Some of them would have even ate the cost in the absence of an insurance plan and done the same. If a retailer won't do that, avoid them at all costs.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Partsgeek . I have not ever ordered anything from them . But the packaging is not their fault thats the way Dorman ships them and it is exactly the way you describe. I don't understand why they do this , because a lot have to be damaged in shipping ! I prefer the brick and mortar stores over online for this reason. But Rockauto has a policy you don't pay for return on damage items iirc. And Im not bashing Dorman , I have ordered quit a few of these intakes .
Old 10-14-2016, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by omc8
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Partsgeek . I have not ever ordered anything from them . But the packaging is not their fault thats the way Dorman ships them and it is exactly the way you describe. I don't understand why they do this , because a lot have to be damaged in shipping ! I prefer the brick and mortar stores over online for this reason. But Rockauto has a policy you don't pay for return on damage items iirc. And Im not bashing Dorman , I have ordered quit a few of these intakes .

I currently work in the packaging industry. I designreusable plastic dunnage for automotive and industrial parts. You would not believe the trouble and expenseGM and ford go to in shipping engine intakes from manufacture to plant. It isreally sad to hear how little effort Dorman puts into this.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by frederickflintstone

I currently work in the packaging industry. I designreusable plastic dunnage for automotive and industrial parts. You would not believe the trouble and expenseGM and ford go to in shipping engine intakes from manufacture to plant. It isreally sad to hear how little effort Dorman puts into this.
Yeah, I mean I consider myself quite a novice when it comes to that sort of stuff but I have packaged up car parts and every now and then I'll sell something on ebay. Not once have I had a customer say their stuff arrived broken. Then again, I've never sent anything where I put literally zero effort into protecting it either. Unfortunately, this means I won't be ordering another Dorman intake. I've got a car to finish and even with a website that would pay return shipping, there's still the schedule delay of however many weeks it takes to get an undamaged one.

I'm still pissed at partsgeek though. I could have sent them the small shards of plaastic in a postal envelope just to prove what happened, for pennies on the dollar. Their claim with the shipper still would have been satisfied, the portion of the intake that I kept would still be useless and sitting in the garbage, and I wouldn't be so turned off of ever giving them repeat business.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DormanIntake
Thought you all would like to see this. Our OEM LS2 replacement intake is in its final production phase - expected release should be sometime early December.

Similar price point as your LS1/LS6 replacement intake?
Old 10-16-2016, 10:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 799 Likes on 609 Posts

The LS2 intake looks good. I see a couple downsides to the Dorman LS6. The throttle body opening is somewhat small and it requires a switch to the LS6 style coolant lines. That complicates the install somewhat. IMO, the BBK intake is a better choice, it allows you to retain the LS1 coolant lines and has a 85mm throttle body opening.

Last edited by wannafbody; 10-24-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:36 AM
Teching In

Default Price

Price will be similar if not lower than the 615-900. Thank you.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

I sincerely hope that it flows better than the STOCK GM LS2 intake. It would be nice to have an affordable better flowing option on the market for sure.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by EddieGoesFast
I sincerely hope that it flows better than the STOCK GM LS2 intake. It would be nice to have an affordable better flowing option on the market for sure.
I believe its bascilly a 90mm version of the LS6 intake..it has a fast 78/90 bottom half.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

i can't wait to try it out. My trans am isn't my daily so I can play with it as long as I want
Old 01-14-2017, 02:15 PM
Teching In

sub'd Dorman, whats the deal on this?
Old 01-25-2017, 12:33 PM
Teching In

Default Inventory

Inventory is expected this weekend on the LS2 Manifold. I hope everyone enjoys it!
Old 02-05-2017, 02:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Inventory is expected this weekend on the LS2 Manifold. I hope everyone enjoys it!
What's the part number
Old 02-05-2017, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by warriorpluto
what's the part number
615-901

Quick Reply: Dorman ls6 intake 615-900