Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question oil pressure sender

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question oil pressure sender

Hi, when i fitted a LS1 into a BMW E36 , i used an adapter so that the engine and the car switch / sender would both work . This was right at the back of the cylinder head .It proved to be very fiddly to fit .I also remember a small blocking plate fitted near the oil filter . I used the F body rear sump . Am planning on doing another conversion and was wondering if this plate could be used for the oil pressure switch ?. Just drill and tap thread in it ? I think this switch is used to extinguish the low oil pressure light on dash .
Another question : What does the LS1 use for water temperature display on dash. I remember after conversion the water temp gauge was high reading.It worked properly,ie. on a hot day or in traffic it would rise into red .However when the engine temp was checked using a gun,it was not too hot. I never was able to get the gauge to work properly.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on these
Old 02-03-2015, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The oil port above the filter will provide oil pressure. Most of the turbo setups use thar port to feed their turbos. These are available if you don't want to drill and tap.
http://www.cbrperformanceproducts.co...ck_p/1002m.htm
Old 02-04-2015, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Conan..thanks for your reply.!!!
Old 02-04-2015, 09:19 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

NUT, welcome to LS1tech! Have you visited our conversions section?

Quick Reply: Question oil pressure sender