Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Symbol performance fabricated Intake ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Symbol performance fabricated Intake ?

has anyone tried these out or seen one flow tested ? price and pics look nice, but I know pics can be deceiving and you usually get what you pay for

http://symbolperformancellc.com/prod...ntake-manifold

I would appreciate any info that anyone has. im really tossing the idea back and forth but don't want to waste all the money I have put into an efficient boost setup
Old 02-15-2015, 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Never even seen it before. Looks cool though
Old 02-15-2015, 11:02 AM
Teching In

yeah a buddy just sent me a link to it last week. looks cool, but a few of my friends over on the boosted lsx fb page said the inside did not look very nice (" the intake runners looked all cattywompus" is what was said). lol but I cant find a single person that has actually taken the jump and got one
Old 02-15-2015, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just asked about this a few weeks back this is what i got about them

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...selection.html
Old 02-15-2015, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kill4thril
just asked about this a few weeks back this is what i got about them

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...selection.html
awesome, thanks for the help ! I wish I could see how it does with some boost compared to a ls6 or a holley mid ram
Old 06-07-2015, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

For anyone wanting a real review on this intake. Here is my review.
Received the intake, 102mm tb and rail kit from them. Looks great out of the box and to someone without a trained eye. Tb looks nice, rails look nice.
As for the intake:
1. Injector bungs are crooked, some are higher than others, thus the rails and injectors fit like crap. Need washers for the brackets and some modifications.
2. The intake manifold flange is warped on both sides. Was checked by a machinist with a precision straight edge. Needs resurfaced to be correct, bit may seal up with the o rings around the ports.
3. The intake runners if you look in from the tb opening are different lengths, some runners stick up into the plenum further than others.
4. Intake would not bolt down to the heads, the bolt holes are off on at least 75% of the holes. Could be fixed with grinding.

Overall its looks nice, until you start installing it. The customer service completely sucks, they answer your call when you wanna buy, but afterwords no luck. Its been several weeks, no answer, no email backs. They claimed on facebook messenger they would have ups pick it up and replace it. Now its a blame game between ups and symbol on whos at fault for the intake not being picked up. My opinion, dont buy it, save your money and buy something that requires no work after you get it.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Even a reworked one from a sponsor came up short a few months ago. Too bad because these look the part on the outside .
https://ls1tech.com/forums/tools-fab...ld-rework.html
Old 06-08-2015, 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

Wouldnt ever go though the trouble again, just buy a Fast or MSD Airforce Intake. They just blocked the buyer on there page for asking why there communication sucks. Needless to say, he stuck with a intake that needs tons of work.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:56 PM

It's not worth the hassle buy a fast I have a junk symbol intake in the garage just going to cut my losses they DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS
Old 06-15-2015, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Another Chinese knock off. Cheap ain't fast and fast ain't cheap. Words to live by.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:22 PM
Staging Lane

this is a scam shop google it, it looks nice but horror stories are all i hear about.. google them

Quick Reply: Symbol performance fabricated Intake ?