Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True dual question?!?!?!?! Cant take searching any longer please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True dual question?!?!?!?! Cant take searching any longer please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so ive been searching, and searching, and a a little more searching.....im looking for info on the Ebay True Dual setup they sell for my 98 z28,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-2002-Ca...-/151106131274

Alright so from what ive found out from searching on here, the fleabay true dual setup actually fits up under the car pretty nicely. Apparently is pretty decent quality as well. and i read several full threads on it, finally coming across the question ive been looking to have answered....WILL IT BOLT UP TO AMERICAN RACING HEADERS?!?!?

But the question wasnt answered at all in the one post i found that someone had asked.... SO does anybody at all have any info, have you used the ebay true dual setup on your american racing headers before.... does it fit? line up to the end of the collectors?! etc

please someone help, im dying to do true duals, but dont want to change a ton of **** underneath my car....thank you
Old 03-10-2015, 10:21 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

It probably won't fit without some kind of cutting of the x-pipe from the ebay duals. They are designed to work with Pacesetter headers and the ARH headers end up in different places than the Pacesetters.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No. It's possible to finagle it on to the ARH collectors with the various segments loose, but final fitment will be terrible. You will scrape it over road reflectors. If it's welded up as intended, it's not even close to fitting.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:08 AM
Teching In

Damn that's not what I was hoping to hear, unfortunately I have American racing long tubes, and I want to go to an x pipe dual setup dumped underneath, when I saw those eBay x pipes I got excited. Does anyone know of any polished x pipe setups like the eBay one I posted that will fit with ARH? My cars not that low, I'm on stranos with koni sport shocks and struts. My slp lm1 already sits about 3 inches off the ground. But I don't want to buy the eBay setup and then have it not match up to the collectors and be able to be clamped on, or be all crooked and look like *ss underneath my car.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:24 AM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might have better luck with the TSP Rumbler X TD Kit? Give them a call.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

The TSP Rumbler X TD kit is the same as the Ebay one. The Ebay one is a knockoff with different mufflers is all. Fitment is nearly identical between the two. What size are your ARH headers? You might have an easier time just getting the 1 7/8 headers from Speed Engineering and then buying the Ebay TD's you've linked. They'll mount up together no problem.

Turn around and sell the ARH's to off set the cost. The Speed Engineering Headers are pretty cheap and I've heard nothing but good things about the quality. I have TSP headers and the TD kit myself but have heard good things on the Speed ones.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:23 AM
Teching In

Yeah that's always an option^ But Im trying to avoid changing my headers etc. I'm happy with my ARH and don't really want to go spending a ton of money just to change to the eBay duals. I was just hoping there was something that would bolt right up to what I have already. Worse comes to worse I can see if I can find someone who will make me a custom dual off of my ARH setup. I like that polished stainless look. I don't want just regular crummy pipes under my car lol I'm picky.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

You wont spend a ton of money going with Speed Engineering Headers. Thats the point.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Could look into the magnaflow 3" Narrow X Pipe. Part #642-10792
Old 03-13-2015, 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

Maybe you and I can petition for ARH to produce a true dual setup.

I bought my ARH last year, thinking I'd be happy with them: but the rasp with the Corsa is gross.

Had I researched more at the time I would have gone Kooks, and then eventually went with their True Dual setup.

I know ARH makes true dual setups for other models, but maybe if there's enough interest, they can make a Kooks competitor for the 98-02 cars?
Old 03-13-2015, 11:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayland1985
Maybe you and I can petition for ARH to produce a true dual setup.

I bought my ARH last year, thinking I'd be happy with them: but the rasp with the Corsa is gross.

Had I researched more at the time I would have gone Kooks, and then eventually went with their True Dual setup.

I know ARH makes true dual setups for other models, but maybe if there's enough interest, they can make a Kooks competitor for the 98-02 cars?
I'll sign that petition too.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by fruitsalad
I'll sign that petition too.
So interest gauged at 3...
Old 03-13-2015, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Yeah I mean, I like how my car sounds after it gets away from 2500-3400 lol. It's to raspy and sh*t in that range. I seen they make true duals for vettes and stuff so I don't know why they wouldn't for our cars. I called them a few days ago and they said if I brought my car there they'd build me a dual exhaust for my car for around "800 something dollars" I was like, oh well okay thanks for the info. Not trying to spend that much $ on a dual setup. I'm sure it would be real nice and everything but that's WAY out of my price range for a duel setup. If that's the only option I'll keep my ARH to SLP lol
Old 03-13-2015, 04:14 PM
Teching In

And if I had known this all as well, I would've went kooks, then kooks duals back then when I put the car together. Not now just to change it. If ARH could make a real nice X pipe setup, similar to what the eBay one is, dumped before the axle and matches up to there headers for like 250-300$ Id buy it.....then throw some bullets and turndowns on her and call it a day
Old 03-13-2015, 04:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by undercoverzo6
Yeah I mean, I like how my car sounds after it gets away from 2500-3400 lol. It's to raspy and sh*t in that range. I seen they make true duals for vettes and stuff so I don't know why they wouldn't for our cars. I called them a few days ago and they said if I brought my car there they'd build me a dual exhaust for my car for around "800 something dollars" I was like, oh well okay thanks for the info. Not trying to spend that much $ on a dual setup. I'm sure it would be real nice and everything but that's WAY out of my price range for a duel setup. If that's the only option I'll keep my ARH to SLP lol
ARH said they'd build you a system for $800ish?

I may have to contact them myself. It might be worth the 4 hour drive...
Old 03-14-2015, 09:27 AM
Teching In

Yeah that's what they said, brought all the way out the back of the car. But I'm not spending almost 1000$ on an exhaust setup, simply because no one else's true duals will fit with there headers. That's ridiculous to me atleast....when there's serious for 250$ that will bolt up to others lol. Someone with ARH should make a setup like the eBay one and start sellin them...
Old 03-14-2015, 09:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by undercoverzo6
Yeah that's what they said, brought all the way out the back of the car. But I'm not spending almost 1000$ on an exhaust setup, simply because no one else's true duals will fit with there headers. That's ridiculous to me atleast....when there's serious for 250$ that will bolt up to others lol. Someone with ARH should make a setup like the eBay one and start sellin them...
Honestly, if that's the price for stainless out the rear, I think it's a great deal... Assuming they go over the rear end.

The kooks system is about $400 more than that.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

This kit worked fine on my kooks headers
Old 03-15-2015, 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

I have ARH 1 7/8 and the TSP does not fit. I talked to Jon? at TSP I think at the time, been a few years and he agreed that it wouldn't fit without modification. I just run bullets off the headers now.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayland1985

Honestly, if that's the price for stainless out the rear, I think it's a great deal... Assuming they go over the rear end.

The kooks system is about $400 more than that.
^^ My thoughts. ARH is on the level of Kooks, you can't compare their pricing to TSP's x-pipe because theirs don't go out the back, and I'm fairly certain theirs are made in China, vs an American company custom fabbing you an x-pipe. I was expecting a 4 digit price to be honest, 8something is reasonable.

Have you looked into specing out one yourself with some companies x-pipe and some manderal bends?

Quick Reply: True dual question?!?!?!?! Cant take searching any longer please help!!!!!!!!!!!!