Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porting/coating TB, MAF, intake and fuel rails

Old 03-16-2015, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porting/coating TB, MAF, intake and fuel rails

So as part of my continuing project under the hood of my car, I took my stock TB to a machine shop nearby to get it ported. This is what I was given back:

He didn't touch the other pieces to it, aside from removing them. I was charged $150 for the work. I expressed my desire to have it polished and coated, that's why it's still disassembled; he offered to re-assemble it for free once I get it done.
My (first) question is: did I get jipped? I really don't know anything about porting and polishing.
Second question: is it worth it to get my stock parts blasted and coated? I haven't decided yet if I'm going to upgrade the intake. Everything is stock aside from a K&N FIPK, though I'm considering swapping to a SLP Lid/ram air combo. That's beside the point.
Third and final question: I have the LS6 polymer intake manifold. Anything a blasting/coating place can do with that?
Old 03-17-2015, 07:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks like a decent job to me, polishing and coating will do nothing for performance. But it was more than I would want to pay for the job.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I know it won't grant any performance gains. I like aesthetics too though. Gonna go with a black/red color scheme. I'll probably end up upgrading all of it, so I'll leave it be for now. It's just... ugly. And dirty.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porting/coating TB, MAF, intake and fuel rails