Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference between Volant Camaro & Trans Am CAI's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference between Volant Camaro & Trans Am CAI's?

I'm looking at getting one of these two cold air intakes from Volant. I think the one for the Trans Am looks kind of tacky though, and I'm wondering if the one for the Camaro will work just as well. As far as I can tell, they just have different style filters. Anybody know if the Camaro one will work on a T/A?

Trans Am: http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...air-induction/

Camaro: http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...air-induction/

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies!
Old 03-29-2015, 11:16 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Yes, either will fit either application. The stock filters are the same.

I like the look of the Camaro version better.

Neither will add any performance, I consider it a lot of money for no power. A clean stock air filter will do just fine or a Wix/CarQuest filter with more pleats is pretty nice.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree. Any open cone air filter that's not sealed when the hood is closed is only sucking in hot engine bar air. A lid with some sort of ram air is your best bet IMHO.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the responses. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what setups would be better? I guess I figured this one would help by taking air through the front opening instead of hot air that comes in across the radiator. The box looked like it would somewhat block the hot engine bay air out, but if that's not the case I don't want to waste my money.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by samerickson89
Thanks for the responses. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what setups would be better? I guess I figured this one would help by taking air through the front opening instead of hot air that comes in across the radiator. The box looked like it would somewhat block the hot engine bay air out, but if that's not the case I don't want to waste my money.
Well, I have the CHRS1313 from Speed inc. For the Camaro thats the best set up IMO. For the Trans am I would think this would work best if you have the Ram air hood.http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...6-ram-air-kit/ If you don't have that hood then I'd look into the CHRS1313 and seal off your air box...

Quick Reply: Difference between Volant Camaro & Trans Am CAI's?