Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

00 Camaro Backfire/Fuel Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 Camaro Backfire/Fuel Issue?

Hey guys, this past week I bought a camaro from Oklahoma. The car has had this done to it by the previous owner and this issue did not start until the build was done.

LS6 Intake/TB/MAF
Longtube Headers, full exhaust (Front o2 sensor is 2.5" away from block on cylinder 1, back set of o2 sensors are tuned out) No Cats Stock Y pipe
4L65e Kit, with an insane shift kit.
New Crank Position Sensor
Frost Mail Order Tune
5.3L "862" Heads

Sometimes the car will not start it will crank for about 4 seconds and backfire through the exhaust. Also the car is running extremely rich, any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated, I am stuck at the moment!

Yesterday I removed the MAF and cleaned it very well. Car has more power now, but still cutting out occasionally.

Last edited by Z28ks; 03-31-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:51 PM
Teching In

Just scanned the ODB2. Below are the codes it is throwing, although there is no check engine light??

P0300- Random Misfire Detected
P0151-o2 Circuit low voltage bank 2 sensor 1 (guessing this is because the back o2's are tuned out)
P0102- Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input

any advice would be much appreciated!
Old 04-02-2015, 07:11 PM
Teching In

Just pulled intake, I seen the stock ls1 crossover coolant lines underneath, the intake has been shaved to achieve this. Really stuck here any advice would help!
Old 04-04-2015, 01:44 PM
Teching In

After I installed the LS6 coolant tubes, and new O rings on the injectors it has helped alot no more rich smell (#7 injector wasnt seated down all the way) However I still have an issue with the hard start occasionally. Recently I have been turning the key on and off 3 times before starting it and it has helped. It starts about 95% of the time when i do the sequence. However what causes this fuel pressure bleed off (i am assuming this is what is happening).

Quick Reply: 00 Camaro Backfire/Fuel Issue?