Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock bolts with Quick Time bellhousing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock bolts with Quick Time bellhousing?

I'm in a time crunch to get ready for a race. I've got the bellhousing and new ARP flywheel bolts and my buddy's chassis lift on standby for Saturday. Just dawned on me: "I don't know if the stock bellhousing bolts will work with the Quick Time unit!!" Can anybody confirm that I'm alright, or give suggestions?
Old 04-06-2015, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

Hi the Quick Time unit don't com with bolts?
Old 04-19-2015, 08:17 AM
Staging Lane

Not unless I lost them when I sent the bellhousing off for a window modification.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:01 PM
Teching In

Quick Time bellhousing did not come tapped for metric bolts for my 4th gen LS1. I purchased my bellhousing awhile ago so they might have changed that. I was pissed when I figured it out. Metric thread diameter and pitch are similar to the 3/8-16 thread that was tapped in mine. It's possible to hand turn the bolt in a few turns, encounter resistance and ratchet it in ruining the thread. Didn't happen to me but caught it before I did. Also, the bellhousing is powder coated and the dowel pin locater holes where not masked and would not go on. I had to use a round file to lightly remove the power coat. The bellhousing also was designed to use an aftermarket hydraulic throw out bearing. This was news to me at the time too.
I would verify all these issues and anything else you can think of, prior to borrowing a lift and planning a quick(time) install.

Last edited by LS14gezr; 04-23-2015 at 03:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Stock bolts with Quick Time bellhousing?