Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls6 intake manifold install

Old 04-23-2015, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls6 intake manifold install

I'm looking to install a ls6 intake on my 2000 ss . I have searched but seemed everyone just deletes the egr. My question is do they make the egr provisions like the SLP one had. Or can I block off the egr on my headers ? Will the cel come on?
Thanks guys
Old 04-23-2015, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coopdc78
I'm looking to install a ls6 intake on my 2000 ss . I have searched but seemed everyone just deletes the egr. My question is do they make the egr provisions like the SLP one had. Or can I block off the egr on my headers ? Will the cel come on?
Thanks guys
There are no other options other than the SLP intake with the modification. It is however very easy to delete the EGR however i'm not sure how strict NY Smog laws are getting, but I've heard they are getting bad. Either way it won't pass smog here in cali if you remove it unless you find a shop that will not notice the blocked off EGR port on the exhaust manifold and have the EGR code programmed out of the ECU otherwise you will get a check engine light.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ls6 intake manifold install