Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 sensor issue? Rich passenger side?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 sensor issue? Rich passenger side?

Hey guys, recently I picked up a 00 z28 A4 Camaro and changed plugs over the weekend and what I found was disturbing the passenger side plugs are on the right in order. As you can see they are beyond rich and the drivers side on the left look maybe a tad bit lean. The car has Longtubes on it and as you can see from the photos it is a half *** job done by the seller of the car. It seems odd to me to have the drivers side o2 that close to the block only reading 1 cylinder. A list of mods are below any advice or help would be appreciated. I am going to pull the headers and fix the o2's right and need the location of where they need to be. It is throwing no o2 sensor code the only code it is throwing is a P0102 code "Mass or Air Volume Low Input"

LS6 Intake
5.3 862 Heads
Longtubes and Catback (NO CATS)
Frost Tune

Old 05-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

Buy some extensions
Old 05-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Teching In

the sad part is these have extensions on them already. The last owner did this without any research and just put them where he wanted them I guess. Could this be the reasoning behind the plugs? The odd part is the drivers side (JB weld) is the one that appears to be working fine according to the spark plugs. Im puzzled.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

have never seen O2 sensors mounted in primary tubes
Old 05-06-2015, 03:43 PM
Teching In

Very strange from the research I have been getting, I'm going to take the headers off and hopefully be able to tig weld a patch where they used JB.

Quick Reply: o2 sensor issue? Rich passenger side?