Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker vrs Flowmaster

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooker vrs Flowmaster

My 98 runs the stock manifolds and stock cats, runs into LG Motorsport 2.75 Y pipe and then into Flowmaster American Thunder 3 inch Catback. I LOVE the sound... very very deep inside and out and loud.

I once cutout the muffler and installed a Hooker Aero Chamber in it's place.The result was an exhaust so quiet I took it off the same day.

I will stick with AM Thunder set up, I love the exhaust tips and the sound
but do wish I could find and higher flow muffler that still gives me the
same sound.

From sound files I have heard, The Hooker catback sound just as loud and deep as my American Thunder. Is the muffler contained in the FULL Hooker catback system DIFFERENT from the Replacement muffler found in many catalogs like Summit?

Why did the Hooker Aero Chamber I installed, Sound NOTHING like the Hooker Catback? The Aerchamber I bought had a 3inch input and dual 2.5 output, So my 3 inch Flowmaster pipe fit right over the outlets on the Muffler.

Does Hooker use a different muffler in the Catback System?
Old 06-04-2004, 12:06 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GTRSHREDDER
Does Hooker use a different muffler in the Catback System?
No, it's the same muffler. I love my Hooker exhaust.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:00 AM
Teching In

I Had The Hooker Cat Back And It Was Way Too Quiet. I Swapped It Out For A Loud Mouth. I Think The Only Way To Make The Hooker Loud Is To Run Headers Or No Cats Or Both. Just My Opinion Though.