Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering 1 7/8 LTs w/ TSP True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 03:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Engineering 1 7/8 LTs w/ TSP True Duals

Considering running this setup on my 00 SS. Anyone running this setup have any input? I plan on doing the race headers so I can do the EGR/AIR delete. It is my understanding that the front o2 sensor wires will not be long enough with LT's so I either need to buy extensions or rewire the pcm to make the rear o2s the front. I also read that flipping the fuel line brackets will also get me a little more clearance with the duals. Any thing I am missing? Thanks!
Old 05-25-2015, 08:11 PM
Launching!

I guess it may be worth mentioning that the car is relatively stock at the moment. Has a lid and an SLP Y pipe. It will be lowered here in about a month and I plan on doing some engine upgrades like a cam/intake.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:08 PM
Launching!

Tough crowd. Anyone running either Speed Engineering headers or the TSP duals have any input? They both seem to be good quality for the price.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm pretty sure the TSP & Speed engineering LTs & TD x pipe dump setups are the same?
Old 06-03-2015, 11:30 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
I'm pretty sure the TSP & Speed engineering LTs & TD x pipe dump setups are the same?
There are several differences between our headers and Speed Engineering. They are not the same header and quality. That being said, the collector on both seem to be in the same location as our y-pipe/ true duals will slip on their headers. OP, give us a call and we would be happy to go over your options and get you set up with a complete package.

Lonnie
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 06-03-2015, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I am running the TSP 1 3/4 headers and have no complaints.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Ya actually just did install last weekend with same one ur asking about they turned out great,fit very nicely as well.I did duals dumped before the axels and I'm pretty stock as well and its damn loud so be ready for that,other than the loudness which is expected with this set up I'm happy with it.oh and on the sensors I was able to cut the tape on the loom enough to use the passenger side o2 but the driver side is way back so I just bought a Bosch 13111 o2 and worked fine.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:00 AM
Launching!

Thanks for all the responses guys. I had forgot about this thread for a little because no one seemed to have any input haha. Trey I figured that the dual setup would be loud, I was thinking about getting the pipes extended out the back to try and quiet it down but first things first. Lonnie I will give you a call when I am getting ready to make a decision, thank you.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i know there is a large sound difference between true duels and single
Old 06-10-2015, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mappinsj
i know there is a large sound difference between true duels and single
Depends on what is done to the motor. I have H/C/I and im switching back to y pipe just because there is so much drone and its to loud. Plus the fumes because im not running cats anymore.

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering 1 7/8 LTs w/ TSP True Duals