Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil cooler lines leaking

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil cooler lines leaking

I replaced my radiator for the 3rd time about a year ago, to an all aluminum one.. tired of the plastic ones going out on me, and within the last couple months it has been leaking around the quick connect oil cooler lines. I replaced the oil cooler lines with new ones that go to the engine block. the connector tightens down all the way, but the lines that are held in with the retaining wire... those lines just don't tighten up. i can move them around rather easily and they are spewing oil around that area. starting to leave small puddles. i've taken them off and reconnected the connectors to make sure all was on right. is there any way i can correct this?
Old 05-27-2015, 09:42 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Is this a truck? What year?

Please tell us what vehicle you have, it's year and some details about it.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...g-threads.html
Old 05-29-2015, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile fixed

I fixed it, i replaced the o rings on the quick connect fittings and am now good to go. fyi, there's 2 o rings per fitting one inside and one on outside. an o ring kit costs about $8.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:55 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

dashaint, you may have noticed a lack of responses or help from our LS1tech community.

Nobody knows what vehicle you have, a year or anything. Please give us some details in the future and we'll be more than happy to help.

Did you have a read through this? https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...g-threads.html

Quick Reply: oil cooler lines leaking