Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new to f-body bolt on question Header/exhaust/intake combos

Old 05-28-2015, 08:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to f-body bolt on question Header/exhaust/intake combos

Im sure this has been covered before and I have been searching around and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for:

I am looking to do TSP 1-7/8" LT headers , TSP catted y-pipe, SLP Loud Mouth I or II. with the headers I need to get rear 02 extenders ??

my first question is about the CAI/ Airbox... which is the best to get best price/performance factor??

Also when I do the LT and exhaust and intake and the car is on the lift I was planning on changing the plugs and maybe wires which is the best plug to use ?

Is it worth doing the motor mounts while I am doing the headers ? if so do I do poly or solid ? or just replace with OEM ? the car has 56k miles on it bone stock

What kind of power can I expect after a HP tuner dyno tune? I am a 6mt

Really just looking to wake this car up a little. Was debating going cam only but I think that i will wait till next spring and do H/C/I and gears

was planning on doing a MGW short throw

also seems to have problem with PS cooler... what is the best replacement cooler again price/performance point.

Ive had tons of z06s, vettes ,etc; just new to the F-body game ! thanks !
Old 05-28-2015, 09:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 6spdg37s
Im sure this has been covered before and I have been searching around and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for:

I am looking to do TSP 1-7/8" LT headers , TSP catted y-pipe, SLP Loud Mouth I or II. with the headers I need to get rear 02 extenders ??
You will ned extensions just for the front o2's the rears are usually deleted unles you keep the cats. I would actually get rear o2's for a c5 corvette they fit the front on fbodys as they elimintae the need for extensions and you get new o2's out of the deal. LM systems are going to be LOUD and raspy not that thats an issue just something for you to really think about.

my first question is about the CAI/ Airbox... which is the best to get best price/performance factor??
Go with a normal Lid no fancy cai or the like. A good lid (any brand) and a ram air like a chris1313 or SSRA is about the best intake setup you can get
Also when I do the LT and exhaust and intake and the car is on the lift I was planning on changing the plugs and maybe wires which is the best plug to use ?
TR5 by ngk and wires are your choice MSD makes a nice set
Is it worth doing the motor mounts while I am doing the headers ? if so do I do poly or solid ? or just replace with OEM ? the car has 56k miles on it bone stock
MM's are a must with headers, go with a nice set of polys, they'll feel just like stock. The y pipe that comes with the headers will sit closer to the floor and the flex from the engine revving with the rubber mm's will cause it to hit.
What kind of power can I expect after a HP tuner dyno tune? I am a 6mt
Full bolt ons should be right around 340-360whp
Really just looking to wake this car up a little. Was debating going cam only but I think that i will wait till next spring and do H/C/I and gears

was planning on doing a MGW short throw
Great choice, every one I have driven is awesome including my own.
also seems to have problem with PS cooler... what is the best replacement cooler again price/performance point.
Get a standard cooler from advance or wherever and just mount it somewhere under the car or in front of the rad and put a 98-00 rad hose in it.

Ive had tons of z06s, vettes ,etc; just new to the F-body game ! thanks !
answers are all in bold lol
Old 05-28-2015, 09:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ thank you appreciate all the help !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new to f-body bolt on question Header/exhaust/intake combos