Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

forced to drive with dumps...how loud?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default forced to drive with dumps...how loud?

Due to bits and peices of my brain being subject to intense chemical testing when i was a bit younger, I had a severe brain fart when designing my true duals to go under the axle. therefore I had to remove the rear section and dump the bullet race mufflers at the axle so that i could drive the car today. My question is, i haven't got a chance to listen to the car driving infront of me, exactly how loud the dumped true duals when you are driving behind it?

Iknow the tone inside the car is usually different from outside, cause inside, its not all that bad at all. I actually kind of like it. And this has me debating even putting tail pipes on. Seems to be slightly quiter than my ory w/ a cut out. plus no rasp which is nice. but i have a feeling when you are behind the car its a much different noise level.

can anyone give me an idea exactly how loud this set up is when you are behind say a F-body with true duals dumped before the axle. Just debating if im gonna even take the time to put some tail pipes in.

Thanks for any help
Travis
Old 06-04-2004, 01:53 PM
TECH Regular

iv been behind one, its not that bad. but i have never seen a camaro with true duels with tips in the back under the axle, it seems like it would look weird because you could see all the pipe leading to the tips, is this correct?
Old 06-04-2004, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

there are a few pics floating around with true dual under the axle set ups. It doesn't look bad at all. A little different, but not bad. But I am seriously contemplating not putting tail pipes on this at all. But I need some opinions from people who have traveled behind a F-body with true duals dumped.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmm to clarify something just in case you have the wrong idea i dont mean like tips coming off the mufflers and out under the axle, i mean tail pipes that go under the axle that lead to the tips at the bumper cover
Old 06-04-2004, 02:35 PM
TECH Veteran

not as loud as a cutout...its still loud
Old 06-04-2004, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah thats what i was runnign before and it seems my lt's, ory, cut out, hooker catback was louder...

does anyone run true duals dumped (with a stock cam of course), daily? by daily i mean about 30 miles a day, if that.