Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel system check

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 08:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel system check

Hey guys, doing a 5.3 LM7 swap into my 240Z. Thus far, I have picked up LS6 injectors, Holley Efi Fuel rails and a 99-02 camaro in tank pump setup. From all that I have read, this is a self regulating, starvation free, sending unit included pump. Plan is to weld in the Vette Works adapter for it on top of my tank. Obviously tank will be purged and probably use the ole exhaust trick to make sure I don't die.

Question!!! This setup can be run returnless, and I would like to do so. Does one end of the fuel rail get blocked off? So like passenger rail feed>loop around front to drivers rail>to block off or maybe gauge? Seems like stuff will be stuck and heat up that way. How does one go about this properly without causing issues. Thanks guys!
Old 06-04-2015, 01:35 PM
FormerVendor

Yes that's the proper way pressure and inj using fuel keeps things moving. I offer a complete line kit with everything needed to run from your pump to your rails. Complete everything needed to install.

http://www.nastyperformance.com/shop/nasty-performance-universal-lsx-conversion-fuel-line-kit/
Old 06-05-2015, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the reply.

Return line question. How is it run on the Camaro? Looped back to the tank or just capped off at the pump?
Old 06-09-2015, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Ok, found the answer. Seems to be teed off after the filter and back into the pump.

Next question.... when installed in a camaro, does the pump bucket sit on the bottom of the tank, or is there space between the two pieces. Having to fab the top of the tank, need to know how deep she needs to go. Thanks again guys.

Quick Reply: Fuel system check