Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP (symbol luxury performance) fabricated intakes are garbage

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 07:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Default SLP (symbol luxury performance) fabricated intakes are garbage

I am posting this from my experience on my brothers car with symbol luxury products. Do not buy from these people!

My brother called them a few times to ask some questions before he places his order. They answered the phone everytime with no problem and were very friendly. Neither my brother or myself had seen much for reviews on slp products. But they seemed very competent and we were under the impression they were a descent company. So my brother decided to purchase an intake (cathedral port LS1), throttle body and fuel rails from them.

They took his money without a problem. Then after close to 2 months, his parts were finally delivered. Everything looks very nice and seems to be quality items. That was until we went to put the intake on. Not only are the bolt flanges warped by OVER 1/8", the flanges are out of alignment too. No matter what we do we cannot get more than 3 or 4 intake bolts in. Besides that 1 of the injector bungs is welded in crooked.

When my brother attempted to contact them it seems like they fell of the face of the earth. He has tried calling them over 40 times and sent numerous emails. These people answered the phone in a hurry to take his money, but after they give you their junk product don't expect to hear from them. The 1 time they did respond thru email they said they scheduled a ups pick up but never went into any more details about it. Then a week later my brother got an email from UPS saying that symbol claimed they damaged the original intake during shipping, which was not the case at all. The original packaging was in perfect condition and they were no signs of damage due to shipping on any of the parts we recieved. These people are trying to place blame on UPS for their shitty product. My brother has since tried calling and emailing numerous times to find out what the hell that was about and or if they were going to stand behind their product, but as usual, no response what so ever.

We will never do buisness with this crooked incompetent company again. And I would advise nobody else buy anything from them either. Now we are stuck with this piece of **** intake and have to either find a way to fix it or junk it. SAVE YOUR SELF THE TROUBLE AND AVOID THESE PEOPLE!

Last edited by nickp; 06-09-2015 at 08:09 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:30 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Default SLP (symbol luxury performance) fabricated intakes are garbage

Did you think about calling from a different phone number?
Old 06-09-2015, 10:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I figured they were crap. Hope you get it worked out.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

im curious to see if a co. rep responds to this.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can backup his claim. I was there, injectors bungs are all messed up. Different heights, and crooked. Many more issues otherwise. I tried to contact them, and they don't want to do much. Won't give a time we can call or anything. Junk intake! In the terms it says all sales final, no returns, no refunds. Any good company would stand behind there work.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

That's what cc dispute is for.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-l...aud-aware.html

^"Caveat emptor" (buyer beware)

A simple google search would have saved some time an frustration and indicated this company is a fraud run by a felon....if a deal is seems to good to be true; it probably is!

The fact they ripped of the legitimate SLP performance brand name (Street Legal Performance); should have been a HUGE red flag!
Old 06-10-2015, 02:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Ahritchie I did a google search. There was not much information on these guys at all. That was 1 of the only reviews for this company and we had no problem with communication in the beginning. I posted this thread to tell everybody my personal experience with these people, not to ask for advice on what I should have done different
Old 06-12-2015, 10:18 AM
Teching In

Default pics

Any pics of issues, because I'd like to purchase this intake but now I have concerns
Old 06-12-2015, 10:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hlrentasz28
Any pics of issues, because I'd like to purchase this intake but now I have concerns
If you were smart, you'd stay as far away from that company and intake as possible. Just pony up and buy a FAST or MSD intake.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:27 PM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Originally Posted by hlrentasz28
Surprised you'd still even consider it after reading this thread
Old 06-12-2015, 04:18 PM
10 Second Club

Crooked injector bung

The injector bung height vary. Some sit higher than others.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:19 PM
10 Second Club

That's all took a pic of I believe, Nickp may have others
Old 06-14-2015, 06:34 AM

SLP huh? Sneaky bitches!
Old 06-15-2015, 06:46 PM

I have the same problem the injector bung are not even close to the fuel rail they made and the bungs are all different heights so there fuel rail hardware is useless I had to have mine remachined to bolt it to the heads because the holes didn't line up what a joke!!!
Old 06-15-2015, 06:49 PM

You can polish a turd but it's still just a turd

Quick Reply: SLP (symbol luxury performance) fabricated intakes are garbage