Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSXRT FAST truck intake vs LSXR car intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 03:47 PM
Launching!

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default LSXRT FAST truck intake vs LSXR car intake

I've been reading a bunch of threads regarding the FAST LSXRT truck intake vs the LSXR car intake. Seems many (including Tony Mamo) recommend the truck intake hands down over the car intake assuming you have clearance to run it. I have plenty of room in my lsx conversion swap so space shouldn't be a huge constraint.

Is anyone running the truck intake on an LS1 or LS2 and what were the results? Any comparisons vs the FAST car intake (102 or 92)? Any issues tuning it? What about rails and/or injectors?

thanks
Joe
Old 06-11-2015, 04:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm curious to as well to see if anyone has tried the truck intake on an LS1 or LS2
Old 06-11-2015, 05:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No results yet, but I have one on my daily driven Cutlass with a 6.0L.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:38 AM
Launching!

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Nathan,
Can you show any pics and give some more details about your install? How is the clearance? Are you running a cable or DBW throttle body? How was tuning and driveability? What about the injectors and rail setup? What intake were you running before?

thanks
Joe
Old 06-12-2015, 08:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This may help you OP. Since room isn't an issue, I'd run the FAST 103 LSXRT all day long over the regular FAST 102.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...lts-added.html
Old 06-12-2015, 12:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by fusion_ta66
Nathan,
Can you show any pics and give some more details about your install? How is the clearance? Are you running a cable or DBW throttle body? How was tuning and driveability? What about the injectors and rail setup? What intake were you running before?

thanks
Joe
The engine in my Cutlass sits JUST above the crossmember and it still barely clears the stock flat hood. Make no mistake, this thing is huge. More than one person has asked how big my supercharger is. Nope, that's just the intake. I'm running a cable TB, a FAST 102 that many people hate on. You just have to be spot-on with your throttle blade set and TPS voltage. I also tried using the stock truck fuel rail at first, but I just didn't like the way it fit. So I'm using the FAST rails and FIC injectors, LS2 style with pigtails for my truck harness. I was running the stock truck intake before that I shaved down. The power from the mid-range on up is incredibly different. And it will rev past peak HP much further than before. I also changed my cam at the same time, so it's not a truly fair comparison, but the cams weren't too terribly different. Tuning was a pain in the *** though, but worth it!

Pictures:
Before with stock shave truck intake.
Attachment 723026

LSXrt intake:
Attachment 721621
Old 06-12-2015, 04:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 383 Likes on 150 Posts

Nathan,

Your intake elbow isn't large enough!

LMAO.....kidding of course.....no restrictions there!

Set-up looks great

OP....the FAST LSXRT ported by yours truly is the ultimate LSx manifold.....period.

I would have one on every LS performance vehicle I owned if it could fit. It's a composite high port cross ram (best flow potential.....best thermal characteristics).....practically zero loss in flow on the heads when installed with a runner long enough to actually make good torque as well. It truly is the have your cake and eat it too scenario.....the cake is a little expensive and doesn' fit most applications but if you have the room and have the budget its a NO....BRAIN....ERR

Seriously be all over it if it can fit.....have me port it to maximize the gains.....I reshape the bellmouth of the runners and the last 4" or so of the exits for max flow

Here is the bellmouth portion done (you can see down the runner some of the mismatch/compromises of the unported exits).

Name:  2006_0201FASTTruckporting0002.jpg
Views: 3878
Size:  67.2 KB

Why does this intake worth so good....a picture is worth a thousand words.....straight shot at all the runners....line of sight flow (air doesn't like changing directions, especially high speed air).

Name:  2006_0116ScottLopezlongblock0003.jpg
Views: 4340
Size:  126.6 KB

That pretty much sums it up.....LOL

Hope this info clears things up....you guys know where to track me down if you need some help!

-Tony

www.mamomotorsports.com

Tony@MamoMotorsports.com

Anything worth doing is worth doing well. Build it right the first time....its alot cheaper than building it twice!!
Old 06-12-2015, 05:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo
Nathan,

Your intake elbow isn't large enough!

LMAO.....kidding of course.....no restrictions there!

Set-up looks great
It's just a tiny little 4" elbow! I think the cross-section in the middle of the bend is a bit larger, which I'm good with since it's the only 90* bend in my entire setup. And like you said, air hates to change direction. And yes, my intake setup supplies as close to zero restriction as possible to my ported 5.3L heads. Well, maybe if I got you to port my intake....
Old 06-14-2015, 05:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone get a measurement of the height of the LSXRT intake from the top of the valley cover to the top of the intake?

Quick Reply: LSXRT FAST truck intake vs LSXR car intake