Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to fit ls2 coils on an LS1 using Speedmaster ls2 brackets

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 09:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to fit ls2 coils on an LS1 using Speedmaster ls2 brackets

I just bought speed masters lsx,ls2 coil aluminum brackets for 75 bucks. They told me it would not fit on an LS1. Well the passenger side fits perfect. But as people prob know, you run into problems with the fuel system lines on the driver side of the car..

So what I did, is I flipped the bracket, and it fit perfect!! You only get to use two stock studs, the most outer two... But hey, its good enough. How I made them fit, is, I went to ace hardware and got nylon bushings, to fit in the C bores of the plate. They where threaded nylon bushings, but the thread was the exact size, for the screws they provided for the kit. Actually you would need such bushings regardless. These coils would hit the bracket if you did not use such bushings, even for the LS2 engines.

To say the least, it worked flawlessly, I am really happy. And later down the line, I can drill an extra hole in the plate to fit three studs.

The first pic, and second pic, is the where the bracket is flipped, to fit on the drivers side...

Enjoy...
Attached Thumbnails How to fit ls2 coils on an LS1 using Speedmaster ls2 brackets-003.jpg   How to fit ls2 coils on an LS1 using Speedmaster ls2 brackets-004.jpg   How to fit ls2 coils on an LS1 using Speedmaster ls2 brackets-006.jpg   How to fit ls2 coils on an LS1 using Speedmaster ls2 brackets-010.jpg   How to fit ls2 coils on an LS1 using Speedmaster ls2 brackets-009.jpg  

Last edited by stage274; 06-16-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the pic, of the passenger side, it fit, how I guess it was designed too. But honestly, you need nylon bushing regardless, because the coils, on this side, would not fit to the plate, because of interference. They barely fit, with these bushings, on this side, but did fit. Second pic, is the pic for the drivers side. The coils fit perfect on the drivers side, with the bracket flipped. And look better, to tell you the truth, on the car. Only down fall is, you can only use the outer two holes. I was tempted to do that on the passenger side. Because, it lowers the placement of the coils. But decided against it.

Anyways, later down the line, I can drill the plate in the middle, to add another stud if I want. It would not be a big deal to do so. Except will need to get the exact measurement , for hole placement.
Attached Thumbnails How to fit ls2 coils on an LS1 using Speedmaster ls2 brackets-011.jpg   How to fit ls2 coils on an LS1 using Speedmaster ls2 brackets-005.jpg  

Last edited by stage274; 06-17-2015 at 07:09 AM.

Quick Reply: How to fit ls2 coils on an LS1 using Speedmaster ls2 brackets