Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oh oh my car is banned from where I live cause of the music she makes needsuggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 12:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oh oh my car is banned from where I live cause of the music she makes needsuggestions

Hello received a letter in the mail from the park manager , apparently I have a bunch of sissy neighbors that love to complain about the music my car makes lol
so I need some suggestions to make her a little quieter , ok I have pace setter long tubes , and 3 inch ORY, connected to the LM1 cat back, the rest of my mods are in sig. Is the LM2 less noisy ? I was trying to bolt on a 80 series flowmaster but the exhaust shop was trying to soak me for 700 dollars for a few new bends and welds so I dropped out. Need some suggestions please . ThAnkyou
Old 06-18-2015, 12:10 AM
Teching In

Default Oh oh my car is banned from where I live cause of the music she makes needsuggestions

What I'm going for is quieter idle and when I get on it I would like the aggressive note
Old 06-18-2015, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 306 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackVortex
Hello received a letter in the mail from the park manager , apparently I have a bunch of sissy neighbors that love to complain about the music my car makes lol Need some suggestions please . ThAnkyou

I'd move...
Old 06-18-2015, 12:22 AM
Teching In

Haha that's in the making
Old 06-18-2015, 12:24 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Jesus... LT's & a LM1?

Sell the catback and pick up ANYTHING with a muffler. I think the Maganaflow would do nicely with your setup.

Bottom line, you need a muffler. One with packing and not a hollowed out can.

Or maybe replace the LM1 "can" with a Magnaflow 14419 MagnaPack bullet muffler? I ran one and absolutely loved it.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Jesus... LT's & a LM1?

Sell the catback and pick up ANYTHING with a muffler. I think the Maganaflow would do nicely with your setup.

Or maybe replace the LM1 "can" with a Magnaflow 14419 MagnaPack bullet muffler? I ran one and absolutely loved it.
Hmm I will look into the 14419, should go in place where that lm1 is 3" inlet and 3"outlet without too much hassle ?
Old 06-18-2015, 11:08 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine wasn't too terribly bad. I had the OLDER lm1 setup though that was all welded and not clamped, so it took a little more work.

I really liked the sound of it. Search my old threads and you'll find the MagnaMouth one I did. I think there's a sound clip at the end as well.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

SLP Dual/Dual if you can find one.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
SLP Dual/Dual if you can find one.
This ^^^^ with an eCutout to **** off the neighbors. The dual/dual is as good of a factory setup you'll find. Flows well and has a great tone IMO. The question I get asked the most is what exhaust do I run.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The Magnaflow or Hooker catbacks would be a nice compromise.

Do you like how the car sounds with the LT's and LM1? If so, you might be disappointed wtih the sound of the two above, however they're great if you need to tone it down (and cut down on some of the rasp). I'd go that route and slap a cutout in there so you can still get the volume when you want it.

My setup is 1-7/8" long tubes, off-road Y to a Magnaflow catback. QTP E-cutout in the intermediate pipe with their turn down. I typically run the cutout 60-70% open -- get all the volume without the rasp and you get the nice tone of the catback.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:05 AM
Teching In

Thanks guys I decided to try magnaflow Magnamouth , coming from summit
Old 06-19-2015, 10:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just write a letter back to them with the following, and nothing else:

Because MURICA!
Old 06-19-2015, 02:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

You can do the borla adjustables and put an electric cutout where the plates should go. So once you leave the development you go wide open. I have been doing this for years now.

We are running the same cam so take a look at the dyno vid i have somewhere to get a sound clip. I picked my system up 400 used and the cutout for 100$
Old 06-19-2015, 04:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 801 Likes on 611 Posts

The Gibson catback is rather civilized.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:07 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Jesus... LT's & a LM1?

Agreed! Go with a Magnaflow.
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900

Quick Reply: Oh oh my car is banned from where I live cause of the music she makes needsuggestions