Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

25% Under Drive & Turn One Pump???

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25% Under Drive & Turn One Pump???

Have a 2001 WS6. I have installed a Powerbond 25% Underdrive and absolutely love it. No problems with charge, water temp, PS, or Airconditioning. Even at stop lights everything seems in order and the car handled fine driving around parking lots. My question is has anyone added the Turn One Power Steering pump as well? This car is my daily driver, so it won't be at the track, at all, I just like the extra response and power when I want/need to use it. Will having the Turn One Pump with the underdrive make the car difficult to steer?

Last edited by lbramel; 06-23-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I run one with a 10% underdrive and its fine. The turn one still flows more fluid than what the rack needs it just flows less than what the stock one does which just flows too much. With that said i dont think itll be a problem I could barely notice it in parking lots, steering though while driving has a better feel.

Side note though I had a problem with my pump (freak thing) and learned the hard way turn one customer service is pretty terrible. Thhey make agood product though, just buy from a sponsor who will back you up
Old 06-23-2015, 03:24 PM
Teching In

I thought about getting the 10% UD, but decided to go ahead and put in the 25% after doing a lot of research. Glad it is working for you, but the 25% UD is turning the PS pump significantly slower than the 10% one. Was hoping to hear from someone with them both in their car.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by lbramel
I thought about getting the 10% UD, but decided to go ahead and put in the 25% after doing a lot of research. Glad it is working for you, but the 25% UD is turning the PS pump significantly slower than the 10% one. Was hoping to hear from someone with them both in their car.
Like I stated, the turn one pump still flows way more then the car needs at idle so reducing it another 15% isnt going to hurt anything or make steering difficult. Read this article for a better explanation. As long as the pump still flows more than the rack needs you wont have problem. http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/060...fications.html

Not sure what research you did though as the 10% ati will make the same hp gains as a 25% and not take away vital dampening properties a 25% will. However that really only applies in road racing with sustained high rpm.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:45 AM
Teching In

Default For the most part problem solved....

I did what I should have done and just simply called Turn One. They answered my message same day. They recommended that I buy their power steering pump with NO flow reduction since I have the 25% underdrive. That is exactly what I am going to do.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:12 AM
TECH Veteran

If that's the case save the extra money and just buy a quality pump from rock auto. Turn one is just a gm pump that's been modified so if you're buying a stock flow one its not worth it

Quick Reply: 25% Under Drive & Turn One Pump???