Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP taken over as top LT header???

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 10:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QTP taken over as top LT header???

For the longest time Kook's was the KING of LT's. Recently it seems that QTP has been getting the most attention. Im love my Kook's, but just thought id throw this out there.....
Old 06-05-2004, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

kooks makes qtp. qtp just gets all the money for theirs. they are just supposed to be a higher step up. i say kooks are much better for the price.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by griffz28350
kooks makes qtp. qtp just gets all the money for theirs. they are just supposed to be a higher step up. i say kooks are much better for the price.
Kook's makes QTP's????? I've never heard that before. Actually after thinking about it, the headers are almost identical. I don't think QTP's LT's are a step up, its more with QTP's Y PIPE having a true Flowmaster merge collecter that puts them over the top.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:31 PM
TECH Resident

QTP's get my vote. They are an excellent header and their ypipe is awesome.

Also the customer service there is second to none. I've been working with Barry with a problem I had with a broken cat and he's gone out of his way to make sure I'm happy with the resolution. All I'm waiting on now is for the new batch to be ready.

QTP
Old 06-06-2004, 12:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've been following this board for quite a while. And I would tell you this -
- there are certain advertisement-type campaigns going on this site from time to time. All of a sudden a series of threads appears one after one about a product and a bunch of people jump right in and declare that the product is this and that, the best, the greatest and so on and so on... I think that what you see right now about the QTP falls right into this category. I don't think there's been any recent changes in QTP buisness or product.

I'm not sure if those "campaigns" are spontaneous... may be in some cases they are, because the product is really great and some people suddenly realize that and feel the need to talk about it. May be that's the case here. However in many cases "campaigns" are just hype and praise all of a sudden coming from nowhere, because either the product has been around for quite a while and is well known or the product is not that great at all (case in point - JPR campaign last year).

In summary: Webforums are very vulnerable to the advertisement campaignes because everyone can freely and easily say whatever he/she wants - coincidentally their main advantage
Old 06-06-2004, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

QTPs are the old Grots that everyone used to love, except with a good Y-pipe. Kooks are a different design, the last time I checked. Quite frankly I doubt you'll see a real difference between either of the two.

The same debate always rages over at corvetteforum too. LG headers vs Kooks. There's always 'documented scientific proof' that either one develops 20hp more than the other, so who knows? Some tuners/vendors prefer one brand, and claim to have dyno proof, but bahhh, I'm sure they're just as good.

How should I know, I had/have FLPs on my f-body and TPIS on my vette.

Dope
Old 06-06-2004, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

QTP and KOOKS are the top headers? I thought it was FLP, or is all a matter of opinion, etc?
Old 06-06-2004, 12:41 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I don't ever recall kooks being KING.. According to my research, kooks and QTP were both equally the top dogs of the LT market.
Old 06-06-2004, 04:01 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Iv_z28
- there are certain advertisement-type campaigns going on this site from time to time. All of a sudden a series of threads appears one after one about a product and a bunch of people jump right in and declare that the product is this and that, the best, the greatest and so on and so on... I think that what you see right now about the QTP falls right into this category. I don't think there's been any recent changes in QTP buisness or product.

I'm not sure if those "campaigns" are spontaneous... may be in some cases they are, because the product is really great and some people suddenly realize that and feel the need to talk about it. May be that's the case here. However in many cases "campaigns" are just hype and praise all of a sudden coming from nowhere, because either the product has been around for quite a while and is well known or the product is not that great at all (case in point - JPR campaign last year).

In summary: Webforums are very vulnerable to the advertisement campaignes because everyone can freely and easily say whatever he/she wants - coincidentally their main advantage
damn straight
Old 06-06-2004, 04:05 AM
10 Second Club

i have old school mac headers , made 415 rwhp and 399.6 tq, would long tubes get a few more ponies , or is it worth the change .

Last edited by viper,redZ; 06-06-2004 at 04:14 AM.
Old 06-06-2004, 04:15 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by viper,redZ
i have old school mac headers , mad 415 rwhp and 399.6 tq would long tubes get a few more ponies , or is it worth the change .
port the primaries and keep them.

<=== 4k
Old 06-06-2004, 07:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

....and don't forget about StainlessWorks!!!
Old 06-06-2004, 08:06 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

went with QTP myself, but I've seen HP made with every header, so who knows. I only know that what I bought works just fine for me.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best headers are custom made headers built to match your engine combo.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:47 AM
TECH Junkie

just dont buy SLP's, made no power on my car
Old 06-06-2004, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
just dont buy SLP's, made no power on my car
My SLPs made plenty of power, not to mention they are one of the best constructed headers...
I have plenty more proof of why SLP is an awesome header as well...
However for peak power numbers they do tend to lag behind... but if all you want is a dyno number and dont care about power under the curve then I guess SLP isnt for you.

Im also VERY impressed with the QTPs I just got and I will have results soon of SLP vs QTP on my car (SLP 1 3/4 vs QTP 1 7/8)... I already have them on another car (SLP 1 3/4 vs QTP 1 3/4) that had bolt ons and a G5X3...
Old 06-06-2004, 01:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Iv_z28

Very well stated.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:30 PM
11 Second Club

I have the QTPs and in my opinion they are the best headers out there,.

they are based of the grotts, are stainless, have a bunch of cool options that one else has (HV collectors, Cutout Y pipes, True collector Y's and so on)
Old 06-06-2004, 01:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by griffz28350
I have never heard that Kooks makes QTPs headers. Is this true?
Old 06-06-2004, 01:54 PM
TECH Junkie

I actually really like my hooker headers, They fit great but my next headers will probably be kooks 1 7/8ths