Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP ASAP!!! snapped oil pressure sending unit!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 03:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation NEED HELP ASAP!!! snapped oil pressure sending unit!

ok, so i was swapping out my stock intake manifoldfor an ls6 and i wound up snapping my oil pressure sending unit. 1/2 of the plastic is still in the block or whatever that is that it goes into in the engine. just wondering if anyone else had f*cked up like this too, and how to get that **** outta there, does it just pop out? screw out? any help would be greatly greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:43 AM
TECH Junkie

I managed to pull my motor out the top with out damaging it. Once I had the motor on the stand, I just used a pair of channel locks to unscrew it.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Woody99
ok, so i was swapping out my stock intake manifoldfor an ls6 and i wound up snapping my oil pressure sending unit. 1/2 of the plastic is still in the block or whatever that is that it goes into in the engine. just wondering if anyone else had f*cked up like this too, and how to get that **** outta there, does it just pop out? screw out? any help would be greatly greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

I broke mine doing a Z06 intake swap...my 1st mod..it just unscrews...I forget what size it is ...but its no big deal...just get another one from ur chevy dealer...gotta b real careful..do not tilt the intake back when putting it on or taking it off..just lift it straight up and then you'll be fine..u can drive it with the sender broken...u just wont have a oil gage working...u have to have the intake off to put another one in.....good luck
Old 06-06-2004, 08:31 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome to the club...part is about $30 from the dealer & some use a wrench to get it off...i bought the special oil pressure sender socket from autozone around $6
Old 06-06-2004, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

haha broke it on my LT1 when doing a header swap. I started freaking out cuz I didnt know what it was at first, not that big of a deal, should come right out and like they said part is about 30 bux or so from the dealer.