Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help!! Need answers...having problems bleeding clutch!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!! Need answers...having problems bleeding clutch!!

Here is a quick low down of what setup I have. 2000 ws6 trans am m6. I just recently had the short block freshened. Reinstalled everything motor sounds good. Then I proceded to try and bleed the clutch to which was giving us fits. Tried the mighty vac method as well as the pump pump crack the bleeder method. With the mighty vac Hooked up just seemed as though we were drawing in air somewhere. I just reused the slave and master that I had before but just figured taking it all apart that may have caused failure in one of the components. So I decided to install a new master and slave and now can't bleed the system whatsoever!! Pedal goes right to floor with no resistance! What am I doing wrong!?!??! Please help anything would benefit at this point I am at a lose!! Thanks!!!
Old 07-12-2015, 04:18 PM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts

In car bench bleed method:

1. Separate the clutch quick connect. Get two gorgeous female assistants.
2. Have the one with great legs keep an eye on the reservoir and keep topping it off. Have other in the drivers seat.
3. Use a Philips head to crack open the check valve until fluid runs out. Close check valve.
4. Then, have assistant push pedal in. While pedal is moving down, open check valve. You'll likely get a "burst of air and fluid. Close valve before assistant in car raises clutch pedal. If it sticks to the floor, she might have to lift it with her foot until it build pressure. Repeat this for at least three reservoirs full of fluid. When it gets boring look at the pretty legs of the other assistant who is diligently filling the reservoir.
5. Connect to slave.
6. Do the pump crack method. Remember to periodically stare at the hot assistants legs.
7. After cracking the bleeder it can sometimes take lots of pumps to build pressure.

8. If you're still not getting it, get the tick remote bleeder. You'll have to pull the tranny AGAIN to install it, but you'll be able to bleed it in ten minutes. You can run the line to the reservoir and keep circulating fluid until you get pedal.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response!! I will try that and possibly have my ***** cut off by my wife if I follow the directions to a t!!
Old 07-12-2015, 05:30 PM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6guru
Thanks for the response!! I will try that and possibly have my ***** cut off by my wife if I follow the directions to a t!!
LOL. Make sure that reservoir never runs empty or you'll have to start all over getting the air out

Wish I could take credit for the joke other user in the manual transmission section made a similar joke.

Last edited by Darth_V8r; 07-12-2015 at 05:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Please help!! Need answers...having problems bleeding clutch!!