Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks TDs without Kooks headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Kooks TDs without Kooks headers

Okay, I used the search and didn't turn up anything I was looking for and I don't think this one belongs in the sticky seeing as this isn't really a general question, but if so just let me know and I can post it there instead...

I bought a pair of 1 7/8 QTP headers a couple years ago and haven't gotten around to installing them yet because the whole car has been on hold. I'm wanting to know if there's a particular reason the Kooks TD setup is advertised as being required to be mated to kooks headers. Is there a way they can be made to fit (within a reasonable amount of effort) with a different set of headers?

I really don't want to take the loss on these headers because even though I got them for cheap, I know I won't make my money back if I sell them and I really don't want to pay a grand for a set of headers if I really don't need them.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

most headers are the same or very close to the same design. with that said the exhaust MAY fit but it will most likely need to be tweaked a bit.. nothing an exhaust shop couldnt handle in a few minutes though
Old 07-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made the exhaust fit TSP 1 7/8 headers. Just had to cut maybe 1 1/2 to 2 inches off of the collectors. Decided to cut the headers and not hack up the exhaust. I just couldn't do it to a $1600 exhaust lol
Old 07-19-2015, 03:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

There is no standard collector angle or position shared by the various header manufacturers; some headers will be easier to adapt to a specific exhaust system than others, but it can almost always be done by someone with the proper skills.

Quick Reply: Kooks TDs without Kooks headers