Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tsp maf issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 08:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tsp maf issues

So I purchased a atomic airforce intake and fast 102 for my head cam ls1 and decided to go with a tsp 100 maf. My tuner has been having issues tuning the maf its getting super rich and having lean spikes at cruising speed. Has anyone else had similar issues with the ls7 style maf on an ls1 like this? The bar is set at 3 o'clock and the screen is in it, it seems like a turbulence issue at high speeds 60-80 mph on the highway when I get off throttle its rich then spikes lean when I get on the throttle. Like going down hill and then when I hit flat land and need throttle. Any fix for this? No I don't want to tune sd either I've been thinking of going back to stock maf. The car cruises just fine when the maf is off and we tuned ve. I'm at my wits end right now any help please.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

nothing sounds off if you're sure the tuner knows what he's doing then you could try a 85mm truck maf since it operates and looks very much like an ls1 maf just a lot bigger. whatever you do dont go back to the stock maf, talk about a choke point....lol

you are also a brave soul for trying that msd intake....
Old 07-23-2015, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by redbird555
nothing sounds off if you're sure the tuner knows what he's doing then you could try a 85mm truck maf since it operates and looks very much like an ls1 maf just a lot bigger. whatever you do dont go back to the stock maf, talk about a choke point....lol

you are also a brave soul for trying that msd intake....
The intake isn't the issue it was the fitting on an ls1 lol. I swapped a water pump and fell right on. But I have saw some issues with turbulence in the maf in my internet searches so idk if that may be the issue or not
Old 07-23-2015, 09:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by freaky57fast
The intake isn't the issue it was the fitting on an ls1 lol. I swapped a water pump and fell right on. But I have saw some issues with turbulence in the maf in my internet searches so idk if that may be the issue or not
i was mainly speaking about all the qc issues they seem to be having. but ya the screen should prevent turbulence do you know what the cell ratio is ont he screen? how is the maf reading at idle? usually thats where you'll notice the most disturbance
Old 07-23-2015, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by redbird555
i was mainly speaking about all the qc issues they seem to be having. but ya the screen should prevent turbulence do you know what the cell ratio is ont he screen? how is the maf reading at idle? usually thats where you'll notice the most disturbance
I'll have to double check the cell ratio is next time we tune the car. we haven't been sure it was the maf until we tuned the ve and it ran like a champ then turned on the maf and stuff started getting choppy. we thought it was an issue with the bigger injectors.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:30 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

If you're still having problems with the MAF give us a call. We might be able to trouble shoot your problems. Like location of the MAF etc. If that's good then we can send you over a MAF start up table to help point your tuner in the right direction.

Lonnie
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 07-23-2015, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

that was my next step lol thank you i'll get in touch

Quick Reply: Tsp maf issues