Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting exhaust work done soon but car doesnt have SFCs. Will I run into issues?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Getting exhaust work done soon but car doesnt have SFCs. Will I run into issues?

So Im getting my true duals redone soon with some chambered Magnaflows because the car is too damn loud. The previous owner had a 6 point Wolfe rollcage put in the car but it does NOT have SFCs and from what I've read, you still need them. Will I run into installation issues with 3/4 points if I want them to go in after an exhaust setup? If so, since the car is already caged, I may just end up going with 2 pointers.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

I wouldn't think you'd need them with a cage but to answer your question a triangulated subframe connector goes behind the rocker panel and bolts into the brackets that are on the floorboard. The stock exhaust routing comes close but shouldnt interfere. Depending on how much youve altered it, it may be an issue but most likely not.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Basiclly I have true duals dumped and both pipes are mostly centered under the car about 12 inches apart. So I was worried about issued with 3/4 pointers not being able to be installed due to this.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Also, same question regarding a Founders torque arm and UMI relocation bracket. I have a full length Founders TA and a UMI relocation bracket. Can I go ahead and get a true dual exhaust set up (with chambered mufflers, not bullets), or do I need to wait until after the TA and relocation bracket are installed? Included pics-

The last thing I want is an exhaust that would have to be cut off in order to install those and I dont know if me wanting chambered mufflers introduces another variable for fitment or not.

Quick Reply: Getting exhaust work done soon but car doesnt have SFCs. Will I run into issues?