Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Idle rpms dropping in park

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Idle rpms dropping in park

Hey all,
About 2 weeks ago I had an issue with my battery. Guages doing some crazy things, not starting, no dash lights etc. Had the battery load tested and was fine. Checked the battery cables and the positive cable under the boot had a lot of corrosion. Cleaned it up and reconnected. Been starting fine since. However there have been idle problems after the battery problem. Here goes. Cold start..rpms at 1100. After warm up they drop to around 650-700. Usually it idles at around 850 to 900. If I hit the throttle in park and rev up to 1200 rpm, the needle drops all the way down to 500 and stutters. Then i rev it to 1500 and the needle drops to about 300 and just about dies unless i give it some gas. I've checked for vacuum leaks and so far found one cracked hose. Fixed it and nothings changed. I have other things to check, but it would be cool to hear people's opinions about what's happening. Just in case I'm going in the wrong direction. Thanks guys. Mods in signature below.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, think I posted in wrong area.

Quick Reply: Help with Idle rpms dropping in park