Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAP sensor ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MAP sensor ??

Hello
Does anyone out there have a video or pointers on how to replace this ? mine went bad over the weekend and i cant even see the thing back there.

Thank you in advance.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

wrong section sorry please delete.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

even if it gets moved ill answer.... lol only way is to pull the intake. its pretty simple. unplug all injectors, 2 main coil plugs, and all other air connections if you have it. once that's done just bolt the intake and then replace the map sensor. be mindful of all sensors and harnesses, particularly the oil sending unit
Old 08-30-2015, 09:22 AM
Teching In

Is it really not replaceable with the intake on? I ask this because I just swapped my ls1 intake to an ls6 this week, and I swapped over my map sensor while they were out. but after the install, I realized I accidentally connected a dead AIR system vacuum line to the nipple on the back where the HVAC should have gone. And I was able to switch them by blindly going at it. I do have very long skinny arms. But in the process, I had to unplug the MAP to give me more room. I feel like if need be, I could have gotten the MAP out.

Quick Reply: MAP sensor ??