Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAP sensor help.

Old 08-24-2015, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MAP sensor help.

Hello
Does anyone out there have a video or pointers on how to replace this ? mine went bad over the weekend and I cant even see the thing back there.

Thank you in advance.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brewski4u1
Hello
Does anyone out there have a video or pointers on how to replace this ? mine went bad over the weekend and I cant even see the thing back there.

Thank you in advance.
Remove the intake manifold and it's straightforward from there.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's going to be a stout little metal tab that you need to slightly bend. You push the top of the metal tab towards the back of the car. You might be able to do this with your thumb, but if you're careful, you can use a tool of some sort. Moving the tab over slightly will allow you pull the MAP sensor straight up to remove it. Once you get the new one in, just bend the tab back towards the front of the car.

I don't have the AIR system on my car. Maybe that makes it easier to access the MAP sensor; I dunno. I can have my map sensor out in less than 5 minutes. It is not necessary to pull the intake on my car. But if you're not in a hurry, the intake isn't that hard to pull.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MAP sensor help.