Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

borla true duals

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default borla true duals

ok i have the bullet mufflers on my true duals dumped before the axle. Im looking for a more daily driver friendly set up. I've been told borla xr1's are a good choice but jesus i heard those things in person today and they aren't much quieter than the current set up i have now, plus there is more of a humming tone to it. very throaty i liked the sound but it seemed just too deep and it wouldn't be much of a change. are there any other borla mufflers i can use to get that throaty sound that aren't quite as loud as the xr1s? perhaps magnaflow? any muffler really. id love to go with borlas but the xr1's wouldn't be much of a differents in noise.

any suggestions ?
Travis
Old 06-08-2004, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slik98z
ok i have the bullet mufflers on my true duals dumped before the axle. Im looking for a more daily driver friendly set up. I've been told borla xr1's are a good choice but jesus i heard those things in person today and they aren't much quieter than the current set up i have now, plus there is more of a humming tone to it. very throaty i liked the sound but it seemed just too deep and it wouldn't be much of a change. are there any other borla mufflers i can use to get that throaty sound that aren't quite as loud as the xr1s? perhaps magnaflow? any muffler really. id love to go with borlas but the xr1's wouldn't be much of a differents in noise.

any suggestions ?
Travis
I have the Borla XR-1 Sportsmans... and they are alot quieter than my old 3" ory and TSP Rumbler.. Very throaty and mine are dumped. The interior sound is almost like when I had my stock catback..

I have a sound clip in my sig.. If you think that the Borla XR-1's are too loud, then give the Borla XS series a shot. My buddy has those and his car is a bit quieter than mine..

Or run the Borla XR-1's with some high flow cats.. Can't beat the sound the give.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm, the xs series might work. I love the sound of your car, but i need it to be just a tad quieter. Thats all im shooting for.
as for the cats idea...i kinda like that, except it will run me around 400 bucks to get two cats and the two borla xr1 mufflers lol. i have a feeling this is gonna be just one of my **** ups and ill have to suffice with something else because of money. God i hate being a dumbass sometimes lol
Thanks for the post.
T