Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 to ls6 Intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 to ls6 Intake

I have had my car tuned on MTI's dyno and pushed 389rwhp. and i am putting on a ls6 intake my question is hill this effect my tuning badly or will it work like a charm and give me everything i need. do you have to retune for just an intake or does the computer know you are pushing more air and give more fuel too. because i thought wot settings did not have to do with the mas air reading. help
Old 06-08-2004, 11:01 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had to retune for mine....
car leaned way out after I put it on....
but its different for everdy car...
just take it to the dyno and check the air/fuel....and the HP/TQ #'s...
and tune if necessary...
Old 06-09-2004, 12:17 AM
TECH Resident

hey man the car sounds good did you dyno the car with everything but the ls6 intake i am close to you with out the intake. do you think i will get more. than 400. and do you like the duels vs. the set up i have.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:06 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,098 Likes on 721 Posts

It will lean out your comb you will need to add a touch of feel, talk to David @ MTI and I"m sure he will figure it out.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

i am about to put an ls6 intake manifold on my car too. Right now i have a MAFT cause after putting on my LT headers my car leaned out and i needed to use the MAFT to rich it out. After i put the ls6 intake on can i just re-adjust the MAFT if my car leans out again?
Old 06-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Staging Lane

Hate to jump in, but you guys are right where I am, so can you help. I purchased a LS-1 for an install in a 68 Chevy truck and I want to boost the capabilities as I prepare the install. What did you guys have to dowhen you upgraded to a better flowing intake? Keep in mind I do not have a dyno available within easy reach and the motro that I am installing will have to have the computer changed anyway to facilitate the install nto an older vehicle. (O2 and purge canister delete, etc...). I am new to the LS motors and would like your help. Thanks