Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***NEW***Texas Speed F-Body cat-back

Old 07-18-2016, 10:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone ever measure the DB at idle/part throttle? Very interested in this set up, I HATE my LM2 on my AI h/c/i 383 LT1, it sounds mean but WAY too loud for me.

Last edited by katz_2003; 07-25-2016 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

Mint WS6: any luck with that exhaust video yet?

Looking to pull the trigger this week.... But can't decide between it and the Hooker option
Old 07-25-2016, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Just got mine installed today and I must say it sounds awesome it's running American racing headers with a catted y and wow it sounds amazing best single exhaust I've ever heard in a 4th gen. Fit is tight and the tips are a tad obnoxious on the camaros but the looks growing on me one thing I will say is there is no hanger on the passenger side pipe from muffler to tip so the only thing keeping that tip from falling down is a clap on the muffler just something to look into Texas speed I just got an autozone universal hanging and I have no worries for anyone thinking about buying this exhaust just pull the trigger you won't regret it
Old 07-26-2016, 03:41 PM
TECH Resident

Can anybody comment on how this exhaust handles rasp? And how about drone at highway speeds?
Old 07-27-2016, 07:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I personally find zero drone with this set up, it is way more quiet inside the car then when I had an SLP loudmouth cat-back only set up. I have long-tubes and no cats and I find it quiet inside the car. I get a tiny bit of rasp at 2500-3000 rpm then its gone and I actually like the bit of rasp. It's a great system tucks up nicely. I'm still trying to get the videos up of the cut-out but that earlier video I posted is a great example of how the exhaust sounds. I'm definatly happy considering the price point which is something that is important to me, if I had tons of extra loot I would of spent it on the Kooks true duel system with their headers. But I am extermly pleased with Texas speed, for a fraction of the cost it sounds great and I made 350 hp/ 365tq with a tune, CAI, texas speeds headers and cat-back.... I think it just comes down to what you want to spend and what you like, I'm sure the Hooker system is good too.... but I almost got my long tubes, ORY, cat back new NGK plugs and MSD wires for the price of the blackheart true duel set up.... for all that ran me about 1200 bucks shipping included.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:21 AM
Staging Lane

Someone please post more pictures and videos of this exhaust
Old 07-27-2016, 11:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When is the true dual to the bumper coming?
Old 07-27-2016, 08:19 PM
TECH Regular

would be nice to buy it without the tips for them CME guys...
Old 07-27-2016, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Would easily be able to adapt cme as far as drone or rasp I have absolutely none maybe the catted y has a lot to do with it but from the other comments it seems to do fine without them I can't stress enough on how good it sounds guys I was looking at the hooker true duals for a long time before I got this and I'm plenty pleased with the sound no drone or rasp in my opinion it's not loud I came from a dual/dual and it's perfect loud when you want quiet if you are trying to be I really love this exhaust
Old 07-27-2016, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sc383z28
Would easily be able to adapt cme as far as drone or rasp I have absolutely none maybe the catted y has a lot to do with it but from the other comments it seems to do fine without them I can't stress enough on how good it sounds guys I was looking at the hooker true duals for a long time before I got this and I'm plenty pleased with the sound no drone or rasp in my opinion it's not loud I came from a dual/dual and it's perfect loud when you want quiet if you are trying to be I really love this exhaust
I have kooks LT ory into my factory CME. Sounds great. But at times it sounds loud then at other times I wonder where did the sound go.
Almost sounds like I still have a stock set up.
How big of a difference is the TSP muffler to CME?
I wish they just sold the muffler. So I didn't need to sell the tips on the side if I were to get this cat back.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:54 PM
Launching!

I'm with Cashss above, i actually called and prolly woulda purchased but don't like the huge tips. They couldn't sell the system without the tips. I really like the I pipe set up with the cut out. I would try and sell tips separate but not sure anyone wants dual dual 4" tips.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by josh4ku
When is the true dual to the bumper coming?
Is this a real thing in the works? Or just wishful thinking?
Old 07-29-2016, 01:31 AM
Teching In

The dual/dual and cme use the same muffler if I'm not mistakin so as far as sounds it's a big difference idles a tad bit louder but at cruising speeds it's so much better not so loud you can't have a conversation with the windows down I really do think it's perfect very deep and aggressive I read this whole thread many times before I said f@@@ it and I'm glad I did as far as the tips they are slightly obnoxious but they grow on you I like them now and really couldn't imagine the skinny little dual/dual tips on my car anymore I do with they were 3" but they're not that bad as far as having a cme personally I would take it a an exhaust shop you trust and have them adapt the cme to this system it honestly wouldn't be very hard at all and as far as the cut out it's an awesome feature aggressive when closed monster when opened honestly guys for the price you can't beat it if you hate the sound sell it on here and take the 100 dollar loss but I can almost grantee you'll love it
Old 07-29-2016, 06:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sc383z28
The dual/dual and cme use the same muffler if I'm not mistakin so as far as sounds it's a big difference idles a tad bit louder but at cruising speeds it's so much better not so loud you can't have a conversation with the windows down I really do think it's perfect very deep and aggressive I read this whole thread many times before I said f@@@ it and I'm glad I did as far as the tips they are slightly obnoxious but they grow on you I like them now and really couldn't imagine the skinny little dual/dual tips on my car anymore I do with they were 3" but they're not that bad as far as having a cme personally I would take it a an exhaust shop you trust and have them adapt the cme to this system it honestly wouldn't be very hard at all and as far as the cut out it's an awesome feature aggressive when closed monster when opened honestly guys for the price you can't beat it if you hate the sound sell it on here and take the 100 dollar loss but I can almost grantee you'll love it
i was thinking of switching to the TSP
here is my current setup, sounds good but after 10 years i recently just heard about the ring of silence in these mufflers, id rather buy a new cat back then hack up and reweld. i don't know if i even have that ring of silence. On my 99 i had TSP duals with the sweet thunder bullets and that sounded sick but scared everyone.

kooks 1 7/8 ory slp cme

http://vid1376.photobucket.com/album...psbekbogyj.mp4

this is my 99-buddy was being dumb with the title ha

Last edited by CASHss99; 07-29-2016 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

So I got around to installing my TSP catback over the weekend. It replaced a Magnaflow that I was not too crazy about. The Magnaflow was very quiet, and had a hollow sound to it. Can't really describe it, but it (to me at least) sounded very weak at idle.

This catback, on the other hand, sounds GREAT at idle. It also has a very unique sound. I've run 4 aftermarket catbacks on my car, and I would say the best comparison to this catback is my old B&B Triflow. I hated having to get rid of that one, but it was murdered by an exhaust shop when I got a cutout installed (RIP 2k9-2k11), and ever since I took it off I've always wished I could find another exhaust that offered that unique sound.

I can also say that the quality of this exhaust is very impressive. My Magnaflow fit like ****, and the same with my old SLP system. There are a TON of options for adjustment with this catback to ensure it fits exactly how you want it. Again, the only exhaust I had that I really liked was my B&B, and that cost over $1200.. This system fits every bit as nice and sounds virtually identical for less than half that.

Here's a video of the exhaust on my car, with the cutout open and closed. Hopefully this convinces someone else to pick one of these up!

Old 08-04-2016, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds amazing!! Just wish I didn't need to buy the tips.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02DroptopZ
So I got around to installing my TSP catback over the weekend. It replaced a Magnaflow that I was not too crazy about. The Magnaflow was very quiet, and had a hollow sound to it. Can't really describe it, but it (to me at least) sounded very weak at idle.

This catback, on the other hand, sounds GREAT at idle. It also has a very unique sound. I've run 4 aftermarket catbacks on my car, and I would say the best comparison to this catback is my old B&B Triflow. I hated having to get rid of that one, but it was murdered by an exhaust shop when I got a cutout installed (RIP 2k9-2k11), and ever since I took it off I've always wished I could find another exhaust that offered that unique sound.

I can also say that the quality of this exhaust is very impressive. My Magnaflow fit like ****, and the same with my old SLP system. There are a TON of options for adjustment with this catback to ensure it fits exactly how you want it. Again, the only exhaust I had that I really liked was my B&B, and that cost over $1200.. This system fits every bit as nice and sounds virtually identical for less than half that.

Here's a video of the exhaust on my car, with the cutout open and closed. Hopefully this convinces someone else to pick one of these up!

Texas Speed Catback - 2002 Camaro (H/C/I) - YouTube
What kind of cutout did you go with? How much louder than the magnaflow? And how long to install?

Mine just arrived today. I'm hoping to clean out enough space in my garage tomorrow to get the car in and install it.... But with 100 other projects going on it'll be a long shot for me.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:09 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by wayland1985
What kind of cutout did you go with? How much louder than the magnaflow? And how long to install?

Mine just arrived today. I'm hoping to clean out enough space in my garage tomorrow to get the car in and install it.... But with 100 other projects going on it'll be a long shot for me.
My e-cutout is from QTP. This system is quite a bit louder than my Magnaflow was. At idle and cruising speeds it's noticeably louder, but when you accelerate it really screams.

Install took a few hours, but I had to let it sit an extra day because I like to use copper RTV to prevent leaks at all the connections. You can easily get it done in an afternoon though.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:27 AM
TECH Resident

Got mine in yesterday. Certainly louder than I was hoping, so I hope I pass the state inspection.

It is a bit mellower sounding than the Corsa I replaced it with, but I guess a road test will be the real tell-tale (I'm hoping I can hear my passenger now...)

My only other gripe, though, is like said before: those tips seem awfully heavy to not have any sort of extra support. Maybe it was a cost saving decision: or maybe they found it wasn't needed, but I'm hoping once I really crank down the clamps I won't have to re-adjust.

To those who installed it: how much clearance were you able to get over the sway bar? I adjusted as much as I could, but only managed maybe 1/2 of an inch?
Old 08-21-2016, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For anyone interested i will be doing a full TSP exhaust setup here shortly, removed all factory stuff today from manifolds to tips and will be doing 1 7/8 LT, 3" ORY and this catback, all TSP stuff except for a DMH cutout. I will post any requested videos for anyone including open/closed cutout driving/idle, going to order early next week.

Motor will be stock cam and heads at the time of videos

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ***NEW***Texas Speed F-Body cat-back