Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***NEW***Texas Speed F-Body cat-back

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

usnfenix ,

I would love to hear some videos of this setup ..... both while Idling( With and Without the Cut-Out Opened ) and at WOT ( With and Without the Cut-Out Opened ) .

i have an 01 WS6 , and Have literally thought about taking the Borla Cat-Back off of mine, and going with the EXACT setup you mentioned you're going to go with.

So would be great to hear what it will sound like

I'll have Stock Cam on mine as well
Old 08-21-2016, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dsvtr
usnfenix ,

I would love to hear some videos of this setup ..... both while Idling( With and Without the Cut-Out Opened ) and at WOT ( With and Without the Cut-Out Opened ) .

i have an 01 WS6 , and Have literally thought about taking the Borla Cat-Back off of mine, and going with the EXACT setup you mentioned you're going to go with.

So would be great to hear what it will sound like

I'll have Stock Cam on mine as well
NP man just bear with me i still have to order the system, will be doing that this week and i downed the car today for fuel pump and will be replacing that this week as well so may take some time. i will update the progress with pictures though looking for fitment issues. Car is stock ride height on stock rims
Old 08-22-2016, 06:34 PM
12 Second Club

lots of great reviews and videos here... Im considering letting go of my 2OTL for this.... Simply because the 2OTL while sounding decent with cutout closed, it costs me 26whp when closed! I like the sound this one has and of course the performance of it. I also have an adjustable borla I could put on but I kinda like this one better...
Old 08-23-2016, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

02DroptopZ ,

Other than the New TSP System ..... Do you have any other Upgrades to your Camaro .... LTs ? a Cam ?

Or is the way your car sounded in the Video , from Everything being Stock, except the TSP System ?

Thanks

usnfenix
Old 08-23-2016, 06:31 PM
On The Tree

usnfenix

No problem on getting the videos uploaded... please take your time

Definitely looking forward to hearing what this will sound like on yours, since it's likely to sound the exact same on mine, as Everything on Both are cars is Stock
Old 09-01-2016, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

TSP should arrive today
Old 09-01-2016, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

Awesome man, keep us posted

Looking forward to videos
Old 09-04-2016, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Everything is installed, took alot of time due to some snags and had to improvise. Pictures and videos will come soon for now im just too tired. All in all with the cutout open the car screams, i actually closed it for the test drive as it was a little too wild, and this is odd for me since i have been a fan of loud exhaust for years. First up i switched to the BBK headers and y pipe combo last second, came down to a price thing however header choice shouldnt change the tone. On the plus side the merge in the BBK y pipe is smooth and the y pipe has provisions for a wideband which i took advantage of and mounted one with a EVO prosport gauge.

My biggest issue was that after i had the bbk heaaders and y pipe installed and loose no matter what i did the TSP catback's I pipe was 2" or more short of the y pipe. i had to go to autozone and buy a 3" to 2.75" reducer and slip fit it in the space to fill it then clamp it down tight.

Now onto the tips, first up anyone who says that they are too big for a trans am IMO needs to have their vagina sand blasted. They fill the space nicely and look really good.

There are some concerns, the only mechanism that supports the heavy tips and entire pipe coming out of the muffler on the passenger side is the fact that you tighten the clamp going into the muffler down hard. I feel like a hanger should have been provided or fabbed as this doesnt look right to me, and i noticed when i slammed my trunk lid both tips rattled against the metal floorpans even though they are as tight as they can go.

Overall i am satisfied however i may down the road have a shop weld additional hangers to the system. The tone is excellent, quiet at idle with cutout closed and has an aggressive deep tone on WOT, reminds me of the older 2v mustangs that had x pipes and headers its a very unique tone and not raspy. With the cutout open you can clearly hear an exhaust lope and could be mistaken for a H/C car easily to the untrained ear, and honestly i want to get the electric cutout mounted before i take her around town in that configuration as where i live i feel i could get pulled over for something that loud, where i just moved from it would have been no problem.

will take pictures of the setup and do some videos soon just for now im tired of laying on my back in my garage butt-wiggling my *** under my car and swearing because the socket i grabbed is a hair to small and now i have to shuffle out from under and get another one.

Last edited by usnfenix; 09-04-2016 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

heres the only picture i have as of now like i said i will take more later

Old 09-04-2016, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

usnfenix
Thank you for the updates and for posting.

Really looking forward to hearing this at both Idle ( with Cutout both Open and when it's closed ) and at WOT ( with Cutout both Open and when it's closed ).

I will likely take my current Borla Cat-Back system off, and replaye it with an ORY , and this System from TSP .
Likely will also but 1 7/8 Headers on as well

I already have a set of 4" Quad-Tips, so may sell the ones that come with the System

Does this come with an Electric CutOut by chance ?

Thanks again
Old 09-04-2016, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

the tips that come with the system match well with it and fit on the pipes perfect so i couldnt tell you how well your other tips would mate up with the system, might need welding.

No the system does not come with an electric you'll have to purchase one. It comes with a removable a plate with wing nuts and really isnt all that hard to take off. The electric is really just if you feel like your gonna need to open it/close it while driving.

Honestly if i were you id get the 1 3/4 for ease of install, less removing of crap. And if its just a street car your not gonna feel a difference (besides its my personal belief and been backed by data that street cars making under 500 flywheel hp dont need 1 7/8)

My bbks slid in without removing steering linkage or grinding of k member and it was much appreciated.

I mention this because you said your going with an ORY but maybe headers, with an ORY you have no other option you have to buy LT's at that point, it wont fit to your stock manifolds
Old 09-05-2016, 09:48 AM
On The Tree

Thank you for advice and the tips, I really appreciate it
Old 09-09-2016, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

been busy all week at work, but i should be able to make some videos tomorrow before i down the car for a few hours for a fuel pump and LCA/panhard install.
Old 09-10-2016, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

was able to make some videos today. First is cold start idle and some revs with cutout closed, second focuses more on cutout open idle and reving.

next is some driving, i dont have a go pro so this is the best i can do and figured in cabin should be a decent vid, theres a bike marathon going on around town so i had to stop and go alot and wasnt able to get on it much, i apologize but youll have to sort through it to find the spots i got on it. In one of them pulling out a vette and a ricer passed by and got on it a bit so i followed suit lol. You will notice that at most all times in these videos during idle you cant really hear it in the cabin.

Last video is cutout open driving, i had a few good spots i could get on it in this one however again without editing software youll have to dig through it i apologize.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Thank you for the videos! Beautiful TA by the way
Old 09-12-2016, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

usnfenix ,

Thank you so much man for posting all of those different videos , showcasing the TSP system at Idle , WOT while cut-out was closed from inside the cabin, and WOT with the cut-out open

I know that took some time making and uploading all of those videos, and I myself and others on the Forums here really appreciate it

Your car sounds awesome with the TSP system on it.

At Idle, it literally has the sound of having a Cam installed .

It is alot deeper than my current Borla Cat-Back stsyem that I have on my WS6

You have convinced and sold me on getting this Catback system from TSP ..... Along with a set of LTs and an ORY

Can you please recommend what Electric Cut-out I should go with ?

I have a set of the Eibach SPortline Lowering Springs, that I hope to get installed at the same time that I get this Exhaust setup installed

Thanks again for the videos ,
Really helped sell me on the System
Old 09-12-2016, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kingofcircs
Thank you for the videos! Beautiful TA by the way
Thanks!

Originally Posted by dsvtr
usnfenix ,

Thank you so much man for posting all of those different videos , showcasing the TSP system at Idle , WOT while cut-out was closed from inside the cabin, and WOT with the cut-out open

I know that took some time making and uploading all of those videos, and I myself and others on the Forums here really appreciate it

Your car sounds awesome with the TSP system on it.

At Idle, it literally has the sound of having a Cam installed .

It is alot deeper than my current Borla Cat-Back stsyem that I have on my WS6

You have convinced and sold me on getting this Catback system from TSP ..... Along with a set of LTs and an ORY

Can you please recommend what Electric Cut-out I should go with ?

I have a set of the Eibach SPortline Lowering Springs, that I hope to get installed at the same time that I get this Exhaust setup installed

Thanks again for the videos ,
Really helped sell me on the System

I did have the borla years ago with the same headers and y pipe I run now and I remember the tone to be not as deep but I still liked it and honestly it was a hard choice between the TSP and the borla for me but in the end it came down to price and the fact that TSP had a cutout already installed. 529 for the system and 450 for a header/y pipe combo all together. Full exhaust for 980 isn't bad at all, the borla costs 900 alone on some sites.

The cutout ive always gone with is DMH, however since that time a few years ago several other brands have become notable. Personally I would still go with DMH because they were the best then and I never had an issue with the cutout.

Im on stock height and plan on staying that way but for lowered cars just pay attention to the placement of the cutout pipe, as long as your installing it right the cutout should slide up into a little "cubby hole" in the frame behind the passenger seat, cant miss it. The cutout is the lowest point in my whole system and I have not rubbed it once yet however could see some rubbing by lowered cars. Another reason I went with the bbk lt/ory because the fitment is better than stock, I hate the look of a big y pipe stuffed under the car and barely 5" of clearance to the ground, then dips back up and tucked up when it hits the axle portion. It looks ricer-ish to me (like redneck engineered) and really is visible to people looking at your car from a distance or across the intersection. The bbk combo with tsp is clean and tucks nicely.

However you choose to go good luck and hope its what your looking for.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Thanks again for your replies and help with the TSP system

I really appreciate it
Old 11-21-2016, 05:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by usnfenix
was able to make some videos today. First is cold start idle and some revs with cutout closed, second focuses more on cutout open idle and reving.

next is some driving, i dont have a go pro so this is the best i can do and figured in cabin should be a decent vid, theres a bike marathon going on around town so i had to stop and go alot and wasnt able to get on it much, i apologize but youll have to sort through it to find the spots i got on it. In one of them pulling out a vette and a ricer passed by and got on it a bit so i followed suit lol. You will notice that at most all times in these videos during idle you cant really hear it in the cabin.

Last video is cutout open driving, i had a few good spots i could get on it in this one however again without editing software youll have to dig through it i apologize.

98 T/A TSP catback/LT's/ORY idle - YouTube

98 T/A TSP catback/LT's/ORY cutout open idle - YouTube

in cabin 98 T/A TSP catback cutout closed 1 - YouTube

in cabin 98 T/A TSP catback cutout closed 2 - YouTube

in cabin 98 T/A TSP catback cutout closed 3 - YouTube

in cabin 98 T/A TSP catback cutout open driving - YouTube

So no cam in this car at all just exhaust?? sounds great looking at picking this up for my 98
Old 11-21-2016, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

unioncarpenter84 ,

When you get this Exhaust setup put on your TA ..... can you please post sound clips
Thank you

Quick Reply: ***NEW***Texas Speed F-Body cat-back