Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Speed 4th gen catback...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 11:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 801 Likes on 611 Posts

Default Texas Speed 4th gen catback...

Just got done installing the TSP catted Y pipe and catback exhaust. First, the newly designed catted Y is worlds better than the older version. I gained about an inch more clearance on the drivers side compared to the older Y pipe.

As for the exhaust, it looks to be really good quality. The bolts for the cut out are just a hair shorter than optimal. I need to do some slight adjusting to try to get a bit more ground clearance. The tips are yuge. The tone at idle is mean and it gets louder under acceleration. With the trunk flap open you can hear the exhaust but it isn't so loud as to not be able to hear the radio. Loudness seems spot on to me. I'd give it 3 thumbs up.

Last edited by wannafbody; 01-12-2020 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3" or 3.5"?
Old 01-12-2020, 10:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 801 Likes on 611 Posts

I did the 3 inch version. I used Accuseal type clamps for the tips and remove the center aluminum block and snugged them down. For the other clamps, I used a battery powered driver to snug them down tight.
The following users liked this post:
99Silver6.0 (01-18-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 07:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I recently installed this same catback, 3" w/ cutout. I had some issues getting enough clearance over the panhard, but likely installer error. A couple whacks with the alignment hammer got everything all square. Fit and finish is pretty great. If I have to complain, those huge tips are heavy and the clamps crappy. Tip alignment will be a challenge if you don't change something. I got it all square and put the tiniest tack weld on all the joints, been excellent since.

Stock motor with LTs and catless Y (also from TSP) sound is a little raspy, but no complains for the cost. Killer value no doubt!
The following users liked this post:
wannafbody (01-17-2020)

Quick Reply: Texas Speed 4th gen catback...