Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random Technology...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 12:10 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random Technology...

OK guys heres the deal.

I have a 2001 Camaro SS with Mac Mid Length headers, Mac ORY Less Cat's on a SLP LOUD MOUTH.

I just ordered up a set of Random Technology High Flow Cats in the 2.50"inlet/outlet and 11.5" long.

My question(s) are this..

1)- Will these cats fit on the mac y pipe?

2)- How well do these cats flow? How much horse do you think it will rob ya?

Thank you.

sincerely,

~Steve~
Old 06-10-2004, 02:53 PM
Banned

To The Top
Old 06-12-2004, 12:58 AM
Banned

Damn Noone??
Old 07-06-2004, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Restriction

With JBA shorties, well, because mine's a '99, the factory exhuast manifolds/headers didn't flow very well, so, the shorties did mine some good. I bought the Random Tech Y-pipe/cats assy ... same cats you are speaking of.

The thing that really hurt my max RWHP is the 2/1/2" inlet restriction. My max numbers may not be the best, however, low in the power curve is where it sucks gas and hauls ***. Instead of beating out other cars on the street and breaking the law .... now, I just beat them before I hit 45-55 ... without even breaking the law.

I may be wrong, but, I believe that the JBA shorty collector is 3"; therefore, the restriction would be the 2 1/2" inlet. I think the cats flow pretty well. With the ceramic mesh design, IMHO it keeps the exhaust flow non-turbulant.

I had to replace my passenger side. I got the replacement cat and found that Random Tech does NOT make replacements with the 02 sensor bung. You would have to have it fabricated by a good welder ... pain in the ***. They don't tell you this until they have already sold/shipped the cat(s). The reason I had to replace the original cat is because it was hollow after I drove it for a couple of months. The Y-pipe also leaked real bad and I had to have it welded and sealed, as well.

I would rather take a good ***-whoopin' than buy another Random Tech exhaust product. Their torque arms are said to be pretty good, but, I can't speak to that from experience.