Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gen IV Coil Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gen IV Coil Compatibility

Need to buy some coils for a long block I have, do the Gen IV coils worth with the Gen III harness and PCM? thanks.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My understanding is you can use LS2/truck coils, LS3/7 coils with the LS1 PCM. The main harness pigtail is the same for all generations but the coil harness itself will need to be swaped with the coils because the pigtails on the coils themselves are different. Also the coil bracket is different and needs to be swaped because the coils have different bolt hole spacing.

I ordered 8 LS3/7coils, 2 of the coil harnesses, and 2 coil brackets. If no one confirms they will work by the time they get here I can confirm it.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jc803
My understanding is you can use LS2/truck coils, LS3/7 coils with the LS1 PCM. The main harness pigtail is the same for all generations but the coil harness itself will need to be swaped with the coils because the pigtails on the coils themselves are different. Also the coil bracket is different and needs to be swaped because the coils have different bolt hole spacing.

I ordered 8 LS3/7coils, 2 of the coil harnesses, and 2 coil brackets. If no one confirms they will work by the time they get here I can confirm it.
Okay thanks. Yeah I am looking at buying the whole assembly; coils, harness, and brackets. Just wanted to make sure they functioned the same.

Quick Reply: Gen IV Coil Compatibility