Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought TSP True Duals but have a question...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought TSP True Duals but have a question...

Just bought TSP true duals for my 01 Camaro but have a question. I've removed the exhaust from the Y pipe on but my question is where do I need to cut before the Y? The previous owner had the Pacesetters welded to the old pipe, so do I cut before the weld which would be cutting the headers which seems like a bad idea? The headers and old pipe do overlap some. Also, I was hoping to just use clamps to bolt the system together instead of welding, would that be possible after cutting out the old pipe at the headers? Sorry for the rookie questions, I just thought I would give it a shot after a couple muffler shops said it would be at least 400 and most likely go up.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would just cut as close to where the header collector meets the exhaust piping. If you end up cutting a bit off the collector, it shouldn't be an issue. Even doing so, you can still use band clamps. You're talking about a few inches at most, so everything should be fine. Remember, the duals are dumped and don't extend out the back, so you have a little more room for error.

Quick Reply: Just bought TSP True Duals but have a question...