Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which DBW pedal do I need?

Old 12-28-2015, 01:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Default Which DBW pedal do I need?

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I've done a bit of research on this and I'm still confused.

I have an LQ4 engine, PCM, and harness from a 2007 Chevy Express 3500 cutaway van. Hoping to reuse this PCM and harness, have no issues sending the harness out to be modified.

I will be running a TBSS intake/DBW throttle body on this engine.

This will all be going into a '67 Camaro, and I'm trying to figure out what pedal will be compatible with my setup. Detroit Speed makes a pedal bracket for my Camaro, which uses a C6 Corvette pedal. I would love to use this setup if possible. Will the C6 pedal work with my PCM and TBSS throttle body?
Old 01-09-2016, 03:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Really, nobody knows?

My PCM number is 12602801
TAC module is 12590009
Throttle pedal is 15821777

I take it that I can't run a C6 pedal (Gen IV) with this Gen III engine. So will a C5 pedal work with this PCM and TAC? Or do I need a C5 TAC also? I know I will need to run an X-Link for the TBSS throttle body, but what combo do I need for the PCM/TAC/pedal to play nice with each other?
Old 01-09-2016, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The newer DBW dont use a TAC. I have installed 2 swaps w/ E38 ecm and C6 pedal. Not familiar with those part #'s, but if you have a TAC module, Likely need to use a pedal designed for use with TAC. Can you make the van pedal work by fabbing a bracket? If the pedal arm is too long, shorten it to your liking. Are you reworking the van harness yourself or having a shop do it? If using a shop, consult with them on your parts, they should know what can be used together.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I can't make the van pedal work, it's the plastic style one and it has an awkward angle to it, and an odd throw. I'm not stuck on using the van harness, I just have it here. I will likely go with either a vendor harness, or I've been considering the possibility of using Holley's Terminator LS MPFI.

I'm wondering if the Terminator kit might be the way to cheat at this, as I can order their kit meant for a Gen III (24x), but it appears to have the plugs and programming to run either 6 or 8 pin throttle bodies (which it says supports my TBSS throttle body!), any style of injector, as well as the 6 pin flat connector pedal. They recommend the 10379038 pedal, which from my research is a Gen IV 2004-2011 Cadillac CTS pedal. From my limited research, it seems that the C6 pedal with interchange with this just fine. Is this my ticket?
Old 01-14-2016, 01:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

So I've confirmed with Holley that their system will control my TBSS throttle body just fine, however I'm having a hard time getting an answer from them about the pedal. I keep seeing posts online that say things like "I *think* all Gen IV pedals are interchangeable" but I can't find anything concrete. It doesn't help that there's very limited info on the CTS pedal that Holley specifies.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

I recieved a response back from Holley this morning. Their answer, while slightly vague, might be enough for what I need. The tech informed me that the engineers stated that as long as the pedal shares the same physical connector AND posts a successful TPS autoset, then there should be no issues with using that pedal. I guess the next step here would be to pull the wiring diagrams for both vehicles and compare pedal pin outs and hopefully they are the same.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which DBW pedal do I need?